Best Lady

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Mahak Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahak-sharma.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Re: Best Lady

Post by Mahak Sharma »

Charlotte was a nice character but we didn't get to see much from her as she died in the attack in Hillport. But still, she was just a side character and was just to show the perspective of Eldus. I didn't like Beverly's character much but was kind of sympathetic to her. And about Beth, we don't know that much leaving the fact that she came from Caromentis. But I'm looking forward to her character.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

My favorite female character was Beth according to the character development. I think she has a lot to learn in this new world. I would also say I like the character of Isla Alderman she has something hidden within her personality that sounds intriguing.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

None of the few female characters received much attention, but Isla was my favourite until the ending! It seemed to me that she had a lot of story ahead of her. Beth is very interesting though from both a character perspective, and from the perspective of understanding more about the magic and science of it all
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I would say Beth, her character is so promising. There's so much we don't know about Caromentis, and there's so much she doesn't know about the Cosmos.
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Rachel Gillig, One Dark Window
Snigdha Pandey
Favorite Author: David Levithan
Favorite Book: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
Currently Reading: One last stop
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snigdha-pandey.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 5798

Post by Snigdha Pandey »

I liked Charlotte Alderman, because she might have been only female character having enough of a description. She is smart, funny, strong - willed and kind. What's not to like? I also liked Isla, mostly because I liked the siblings relationship between her and Marshus. Hence I hated how their deaths were so abrupt, and not even described properly.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

Beth was briefly introduced in this book. So, I'm sure we'll see more of her in the future. I feel that she will end up playing a pivotal role in the fight for the Kingdom of Voulhire even though she met Meldorath first.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

I think Isla was my favorite character. She was a shy person but still wanted to make change in her own little way. I also like her relationship with her brother. He seems like her best friend in the world
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

Thinking about it, they all have something to bring to the table. Charlotte would have ruled with kindness and justice if her life hadn’t been ended so ruthlessly. Beth knows things even Meldorath doesn’t. But I think Beverley takes the cake; she knows how to survive.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Valentine Maina 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Valentine Maina 2 »

My Best Lady was Charlotte Alderman. She is virtuous. She is seen taking care of his family as well as the needy. Charlotte Alderman conspicuously represents the role of women in this male-dominated novel.
Valentine Maina 2
Currently Reading:

My Best Lady was Charlotte Alderman. She is virtuous. She is seen taking care of his family as well as the needy. Charlotte Alderman conspicuously represents the role of women in this male-dominated novel.
Valentine Maina 2
Currently Reading:

Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

My favourite female character is beth despite not knowing her a lot in the first series as she has most of the answers the readers seek in the continuation of the book.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

Beverly is a character that has been through a lot and has managed to survive. She plays a significant role in the book.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”