Which two character do you wish could meet each other?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Re: Which two character do you wish could meet each other?

Post by Valkyrie9 »

anua24060 wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 03:36 I wish Maido and Rowan would meet. I feel like there is so much common between both of their personalities.
I think this would be a very interesting encounter indeed! Although they have many personality traits in common, I think even Rowan would dislike Maido.
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

houligan19 wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 06:34 I think it would be interesting if Galen were to meet Beth. They are both in a strange new world, and both seem like they may need some direction.
It would blow Galen's mind to meet someone like Beth, I think.
Wow! I hadn't even thought of these two meeting. This, I think, would be very interesting. However, now that Beth has met Meldorath, her thoughts and opinions might be molded into something that Galen might not like. It would have been awesome if they were to meet before Beth and Meldorath met.
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 803
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Vannaskivt »

As I was reading, I really was sad that Galen didn't get to meet his uncle before his uncle died.
T_Tobbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-tobbs.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by T_Tobbs »

luchi123 wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 20:03 I'd like Malchus, Lord Eldus's son to meet with Meldorath. I think he would know that Meldorath killed the other members of his family. I would love to see a display of magical strength between the two.
Same here. They're both good at getting people to see things the way they want them to and not how they really are.

I'd also like Marshus to meet Rowan, they are both quick witted and extremely good at annoying people simply with their words. They both have an endless bank of repartees, a battle of the wits between them would definitely be fascinating. Or perhaps they'd become good friends, that'd be an interesting dynamic.
Tarilan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Tarilan »

I want Galen Bray to meet with Meldorath, but not as the ignorant and naive boy. He should face him with confidence. The same way David faced Goliath in the Bible. That way, the people of Voulhire will understand that a common man's power shouldn't be underestimated.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

I really wished that Galen could meet Eldus. It would have been pleasant. When the trio was returning from Yamon soul i wished for them to stop at the hillport castle but it didn't happen.
Fahad Afroz
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahad-baibras.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Fahad Afroz »

luchi123 wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 20:03 I'd like Malchus, Lord Eldus's son to meet with Meldorath. I think he would know that Meldorath killed the other members of his family. I would love to see a display of magical strength between the two.
I was about to write this. If they face each other it would be an epic showdown.
What i have thought about it is that Malchus should appear as a mysterious character and neutralize Meldorath's spells at several occasions and after Meldorath is annoyed and frustrated, confront him.
But for that Malchus has to work really hard to be at the level Meldorath is because he is just a novice when it comes to magic.
Kimby127[
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimby127.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Kimby127[ »

It would be so interesting for Galen to meet Meldorath because of their different experiences, personalities and general outlook on life.
Liz Alice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liz-alice.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Liz Alice »

I really want King Wilhelm and Lord Meldorath to meet. It seems like they were good friends back in time, but had been forced to turn against each other due to their differences. I'm interested in knowing what went wrong and how King Wilhelm will face Meldorath's confrontation.
The book to read is not the one that thinks for you, but the one which makes you think.
Ayora
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayora.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ayora »

I wish the princes of the emperor could meet each other and discuss the plight of their citizens.
Chiawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiawa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chiawa »

I think Rowan and Darius should meet. They will rock as a team and merriment partners.
Fahad Afroz
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahad-baibras.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Fahad Afroz »

yes if meldoreath and malchus face each othet it would be quite a show. but malchus need to train hard for that as he is just a novice
Wordlessly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordlessly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wordlessly »

Even I would like Galen and Meldorath to meet but I hope King Wilhelm and Galen meet too. It would be quite interesting to see the dynamic between them.
NashTanui
Favorite Book: The Trafficking Murders
Currently Reading: The Not So Great American Novel
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nashtanui.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by NashTanui »

I wish Beth and Galen would meet. They have a lot in common. I feel that they would become great friends.
angelanikkicea
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelanikkicea.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by angelanikkicea »

I really loved the characters of Lord Eldus and Galen. I appreciated that Lord Eldus was a good leader who was concerned with the welfare of his people. Galen was very relatable and humble and I would really love for the characters to meet in some magical way.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”