King Wilhelm

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Re: King Wilhelm

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

He was right to imprison Meldorath. But I think he acts very smartly here. He imprisoned him believing he was innocent. Then send Lord Eldus to hillport to investigate about the accusations of lord Meldorath against lord Orlin. But when Meldorath attacks the city, it really breaks king's heart.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I enjoyed Kind Whilhem throughout the book. Sure, he has some flaws like everybody else but he seemed good. I'll have to wait and read more of the series.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Aisha_123 wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 00:12 King Wilhelm seems like a good king. What are your general thoughts about the King? Do you think he might have a hidden agenda for Voulhire? What do you think about the situation with Lord Meldorath? Was he right to imprison him without a trial or he didn't want to be seen as biased due to their relationship? Lastly, what do you think of Voulhire under his rule?

King Wilhelm is portrayed as a good king in the city of Voulhire but I believe he has dirt in his hand as much as Meldorth does.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

I think King Wilhelm was trying his best to rule, obviously he has made mistakes and is sometimes selfish but that’s to be expected. Imprisioning Meldorath without trial was wrong, but that might be because he knew what he was capable of and also did not want to seem biased.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”