The Magic System

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Re: The Magic System

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

I really don't have much to say on this one. But however, I saw nothing wrong with the magic and I don't understand what you meant by the limitation. The story moved really fine.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

I felt that way too. It was as if the gap between Meldorath's magic level and practically everyone else in Voulhire is just so wide. I hope further explanation is given.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I didn't feel that way, to be honest. I am anticipating what the next part of this novel entails and mystery behind the magic of Meldorath.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

The magic system confused me in this book. There seemed to be limitations to ones magic but the book didn't clarify at least for the magicians introduced in the book what their magical traits are expect for Demetrius. There was also no explanation for the difference between mage and biomage, and why the magic of the biomage was prohibited and considered bad.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

I did feel that the magic portrayed in the book was not exactly built up to my satisfaction. The magic seemed limitless and I would love to know just how everything ends with that.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

Right, I know this is the first book but the explanations to the author's magic system which kudos to him was an original turned out to be confusing for me. I remember at some point I just told myself to accept the magic scenes without questions if I wanted to enjoy it. Well I guess that's why we see things from Galen's perspective.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

The magic system seems to be limited to some people. But for some like Meldorath, I was like he had an endless supply of magic. I found it very intriguing to read.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”