Lord Meldorath.

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
theskillsgirl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theskillsgirl.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: Lord Meldorath.

Post by theskillsgirl »

When I read the prologue I was thinking the whole time that Lord Meldorath was such a ruthless/merciless killer. And how he came to power in Hillport was wrong, with all that murder. But then when Lord Meldorath was talking to Beth, I felt like he was wrongly accused. That he didn’t deserve to be imprisonments. I could be wrong, but I feel like he was led astray. Or set up.
I feel like I have to read the other books to gain more of what his plans truly are.
I get the feeling like he will do anything and everything to do what he thinks is best for him. To kill everyone in his way, and kill anyone who has done him wrong.
I am excited to see how he really is and how he thinks by continuing the series.
Prudence Emillian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerrypru.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Prudence Emillian »

I don't think Meldorath influenced the Riva Rohavi with his power. I think that the anonymous tip that the Riva Rohavi got was from Lord Meldorath. As for his imprisonment, I think it's still to early to tell. Tysz does mention in the book that he betrayed the king but it's still too early to judge, especially because we still do not know Lord Meldorath's reasons for doing what he did.
Lila Randhawa
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-randhawa.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Lila Randhawa »

Meldorath has enough power to overcome his prison guards and come out of it unscathed. I think he is the most complex character in the book and his story will be unraveled gradually. We will have to read other installments to find out.
_Bokeh
Favorite Book: The King of May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bokeh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by _Bokeh »

To be honest, Meldorath is a character I did not quite like. He is obsessed with power in an unhealthy way,and tries to create an impression that he is extremely powerful to intimidate others. I believe the attack by Rivawas independent of his influence, but I believe his imprisonment was justified.
Lucille27
Favorite Book: The Haunting of the Hill House
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucille27.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Lucille27 »

I think, throughout the book, we are given hints that Meldorath is not dead. He is just imprisoned and waiting. I don't think he has an alliance with Riva Rohavi, instead, I think he has learned to wait and use outside circumnstances for his own purposes.
Ivana Komel
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-komel.html
Latest Review: The Turn by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ivana Komel »

I had the feeling that Moldorath was wrongly imprisoned, since King Wilhem was afraid of Moldorath's power. It would be interesting if
Moldorath is in the end not such a bad character. A nice twist.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I believe that Meldorath is the top of the food chain! He wanted everyone to believe that they had the power to keep him imprisoned. He showed that the prison, the constant surveillance, and the mages were all useless when he was ready to break out. He has been planning his next move and is now ready to put his plan into motion.
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

I do think he deserved to be imprisoned as I don't think the way he rose to power as Lord of Hillport was above board. Additionally, the way he uses his magic and the choices he makes don't seem to be that of a "good guy". He certainly is an interesting villain though...
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Post by moowshiri »

Larkspur wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 10:22 Everyone is made to believe that Meldorath is dead. But he has been imprisoned in a tower on an island. What did you think about Meldorath's power? Is there a possibility he could have influenced the Rival Rohavi to attack Hillport? Was he wrongfully imprisoned or did he deserve it?
There's a very huge possibility that the Riva Rohavi's tremendous success in Hillport could be attributed to General Dalehei Meldorath. I think he deserved imprisonment for practicing magic on his subjects.
Sharon2056
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon2056.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Sharon2056 »

Meldorath was no doubt a scare to the people of Hillport, however he was wrongfully imprisoned by King Wilhelm. At least he should have been given a trial.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Meldorath's power is so mysterious, I need more information! I do think is possible that the attack on Hillport was his doing, but I'm not convinced, it's too perfect. And he was shady, but I don't know he did everything they say he did, so we'll see.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Rita Baadom
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-baadom.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Rita Baadom »

There is no way of knowing for sure whether or not he was wrongfully imprisoned because the author didn't go into details concerning the nature of his crimes and the circumstances surrounding his criminal actions.

I think that he influenced the Rival Rohavi's desolation of Hillport. But that is just me thinking. We will find out more on this as the series progresses.
Nixk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nixk.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nixk »

I think Lord Meldorath is exactly where he wants to be. With that kind of power, imprisonment physically shouldn't have been an issue for him.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

I'm actually anxious about Lord Melodrath's powers and the talks that he experimented on people. I feel like no one can really imprison such a mage. His imprisonment may have been unjustified without a trial by the King, but I don't think his powers can be stopped so easily.
Wordlessly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordlessly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wordlessly »

I think he has done enough vile things to warrant an imprisonment. I'm just curious why he let himself be imprisoned for that long because it seems like he can easily free himself based on the impressive nature of his powers.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”