Lord Meldorath.

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Larkspur
Currently Reading: Gideon: The Sound and The Glory
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larkspur.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Lord Meldorath.

Post by Larkspur »

Everyone is made to believe that Meldorath is dead. But he has been imprisoned in a tower on an island. What did you think about Meldorath's power? Is there a possibility he could have influenced the Rival Rohavi to attack Hillport? Was he wrongfully imprisoned or did he deserve it?
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krista-ash.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Krista Ash »

I am not convinced that Meldorath's rise to Lord of Hillport was completely legitimate, but I think his imprisonment was also wrong. Meldorath was never given a trial before his imprisonment. King Wilhelm was likely concerned by Meldorath's power over the townspeople and influence over all of Voulhire, but that doesn't justify Meldorath's faked death and quiet imprisonment.
scaryeyes_25
Currently Reading: Glitter on the Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scaryeyes-25.html
Latest Review: Spoken on the Wind by Faye Westlake Newman

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

I don't think anyone can truly imprison Meldorath. I believed he was just waiting for the right time to retaliate and make everyone know his true power and capabilities. As for being imprisoned wrongfully, I think we need to continue reading the series to know the true intentions of King Wilhelm and Meldorath. :D :D
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Such a powerful mage could never have been imprisoned without his consent. But he must have a weakness, his kryptonite. Now what would that be?
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Miriam Molina wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 21:51 Such a powerful mage could never have been imprisoned without his consent. But he must have a weakness, his kryptonite. Now what would that be?
Oh my, you got me thinking :D All I can say (considering all the books I've read) he still learns :) He has weak spots tho.

He's never content with himself, his abilities, or the world around him. Also, his friends and allies mean a lot to him.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Larkspur wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 10:22 Everyone is made to believe that Meldorath is dead. But he has been imprisoned in a tower on an island. What did you think about Meldorath's power? Is there a possibility he could have influenced the Rival Rohavi to attack Hillport? Was he wrongfully imprisoned or did he deserve it?
He deserved his imprisonment. He's not a good guy :D But he's also not that simple. He tries to achieve his goals by all means, no matter what.
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

My guy Meldorath gets a post. Kudos to Meldorath! The problem is the upcoming books answer all the questions you asked. Also, there's evidence in this book that he experimented on people; not a very justifiable thing. So, even on trial, he will be imprisoned.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

rahilshajahan wrote: 04 Oct 2020, 09:34 My guy Meldorath gets a post. Kudos to Meldorath! The problem is the upcoming books answer all the questions you asked. Also, there's evidence in this book that he experimented on people; not a very justifiable thing. So, even on trial, he will be imprisoned.
'My guy Meldorath'😂, Mr Team Meldorath. Meldorath's power is something else and he knows it, but that is nothing compared what he dreams of. He is no saint and would go to unbelievable extent to have his way. So I say his imprisonment was justified (although it broke his heart).
Live and let live, baby.
luchi123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchi123.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by luchi123 »

Yes, it must be his hidden weakness that made them able to imprison him. However, I think he worked to improve himself while in prison. Also, since he possessed great powers that could influence anyone to do his bidding, so I felt that he was behind the 'Riva rohavi' attack.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

I do think Lord Meldorath is behind the attach by the Riva's on Hillport. I am not convinced he was guilty but once he was captured, I think he sought revenge. Nevertheless, he is was somehow physically trapped on the island and that must mean there is other wizards working against him. I liked the new lord of Hillport and wished he wasn't killed.
~ Valerie
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:

Post by Krista Ash »

scaryeyes_25 wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 20:59 I don't think anyone can truly imprison Meldorath. I believed he was just waiting for the right time to retaliate and make everyone know his true power and capabilities. As for being imprisoned wrongfully, I think we need to continue reading the series to know the true intentions of King Wilhelm and Meldorath. :D :D
Meldorath does seem like he should be able to break out of any prison, but when he talks to Beth, he makes it sound like he's stuck on the island. That said, with a teleporting (or whatever it is) friend, I'm not sure why he couldn't have broken out sooner.
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:

Post by Krista Ash »

valeriejane wrote: 04 Oct 2020, 16:33 I do think Lord Meldorath is behind the attach by the Riva's on Hillport. I am not convinced he was guilty but once he was captured, I think he sought revenge. Nevertheless, he is was somehow physically trapped on the island and that must mean there is other wizards working against him. I liked the new lord of Hillport and wished he wasn't killed.
~ Valerie
He did experiment on people before he was captured. He might have even experimented on the kids since they're all much more scared of him than they are of Orlin.
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-123.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Aisha_123 »

Meldorath seems like a patient person. The type that strikes just at the right moment. I believe he is to be watched out for because what happened at the end of the ebook was very unpredictable. I also feel like KIng Wilhelm is afraid of him among the other reasons for his imprisonment.
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:

Post by Krista Ash »

Aisha_123 wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 11:08 Meldorath seems like a patient person. The type that strikes just at the right moment. I believe he is to be watched out for because what happened at the end of the ebook was very unpredictable. I also feel like KIng Wilhelm is afraid of him among the other reasons for his imprisonment.
I agree. Meldorath seems like he had the power to break out of his cell much sooner (especially with his 2 friends there to help him), so he must have been waiting for the Riva to act and allow him to reclaim Hillport instead of just breaking out of prison immediately. I am curious on the details of why Wilhelm imprisoned Meldorath. Hopefully they come out in the next books.
MariaLivaniou
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading: Captive Prince
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinbennet.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by MariaLivaniou »

I dont think Meldorath would ever team up with the people he was hunting for years... he doesn't want to completly destroy Voulhire like the Riva , so in my opinion he was wrongfully imprisoned. But people often tend to fear that which they do not understand. I still think he is probably a bad guy though, I guess we'll see now that he is out.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”