War of The Minds.

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Mahak Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahak-sharma.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Re: War of The Minds.

Post by Mahak Sharma »

In my opinion, it was Maido who had more control over others(let's leave meldorath here: roll:). He could control the king's action to some extent as even the king knew how the Mianoran council was involved in every matter. But he was careless and his carelessness caused the downfall of Hillport.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I think that Lord Meldorath and Midius Maido both want power more than the other characters. King Wilhelm has the most power as the actual ruler, but the tides are turning. So, he may not be able to hang onto his power. He might end up being forced out as king. Then, I think there will be a struggle between Meldorath and Maido.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Janet Kimetto »

The Emperor of Lullabies is the most power hungry in this first book, pitting his sons against each other just to maintain his hold on his throne. He is not in Voulhire, though, so I think Midius Maido is the one who wants the power to rule over Voulhire the most, but he does not deserve it. King Wilhelm tries his best to rule his people well, so I'd say he deserves the power he has.
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Rachel Gillig, One Dark Window
Grace McHardy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-mchardy.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by Grace McHardy »

The ones searching for the most power would be Meldorath. I don't believe that he cares much for Voulhire, but he does seem to want to become more powerful and would do anything to achieve that goal. The Riva Rohavi also wants power, but in my mind, their only goals are to destroy Voulhire and build a country for themselves. I don't really understand their whole issue with Voulhire.
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

Krista Ash wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 15:03 I think Meldorath is seeking power the most since he is actually trying to make it to Caromentis. I'm not convinced any of them deserve power, so I am glad that they are in a well-balanced system where they need the others' cooperation to legally make decisions. If anyone did deserve power, I think it was Eldus, but alas, he is no more. And who knows, perhaps power would have corrupted him.
I don't think that Meldorath is after power in cosmos. He said that it's the cosmos world in which he is interested. All this time I think he was just waiting for the rocks to be found. When rocks were found, he just needed place to work with them. Maybe that's why he attack Hillport.
Asja Šabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Asja Šabani »

I think the main power clash is between King Wilhelm and Lord Meldorath, although Midius Maido also has his cards in the game.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

Personally, it is not about who seeks the power the most it should be about who is willing to deliver well to the people. Lord Wilhelm meets this criteria for me. The deserves to be in power the most.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Larkspur wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 10:14 In the book, the Mianora council, the king and other leaders all have a mental war over power. They all seek to have the most control over Voulhire. Who do you think is the person seeking power the most and who actually deserves it?
I would say the person who sort power the most is Lord Meldorath as he went extreme miles to claim the throne of Hillport by killing the current Lord.NAME: DAVID
SURNAME: AATON
MIDDLE NAME: GBERESU
GOKANA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.
KEGBARA-DERE

NAME: VICTORY
SURNAME: AATON.
MIDDLE NAME: GBERESU
GOKANA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.
KEGBARA-DERE
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
SoledadCanaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soledadcanaria.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by SoledadCanaria »

Even after reading this book, there are still several holes in my understanding because the author didn't make the reason behind each individual's actions clear enough, and that is why I can't make a decision on who deserves it most.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

I personally believe no one person should wield absolute power. Lord Meldorath had seeker so much power and I don't believe he is human anymore. I also believe that lady in the council, Riva, might also cause trouble because of her thirst for power too.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

For some reason, I feel the king is the most deserving of it. It does seem like he cares about his people and not just power. His quest for control comes from his desire to make a better life for his people.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

There are all power-hungry. As for most I will say Meldorath and Riva because it seems this two will do whatever it takes to be the most powerful. Since they are all power-hungry then no one is deserving of the title, well except the now dead Eldus.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Valentine Maina 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Valentine Maina 2 »

King Wilhelm is seeking power not only for himself but also for his son. the only person who was expressing goodwill Lord Eldus and was killed.
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

Honestly, the most power hungry person to me are the Rival or the host, Eldu would have made a good king if allowed to as can be seen in the short time he arrived at hillport before his untimely demise. I greatly miss the guy he would have been a good friend if he and galen met.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

To me, the king was not power-hungry pre say rather the people around him were. And I think that if they all lived in mutual understanding, they all would have done a much better job.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”