Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
duskdawn09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Post by duskdawn09 »

I would definitely give this book a rating of 4/4. Although some parts were slow, the book was overall very engaging with lots of plot and action. Fantasy is my favorite genre, so this book was perfect for me.
~Dawn :tiphat: ~
Daisy Deeh
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Daisy Deeh »

I couldn't miss this awesome book ,i reviewed it and rated it 4 stars ,Tysz did a good job,i yearn for more and more of this
frozenhedgie
Currently Reading: Even in the Breaks
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by frozenhedgie »

I finally finished reading this book, and though it was slow in the beginning, the plot eventually picked up and I enjoyed the storyline. However, I do feel that at times I couldn't really buy into the worldbuilding because of some of the language used and it left me at crossroads to whether it is modern or medieval society. But Matthew did a wonderful job in immersing the reader in the world of Voulhire and I rated it 3 out of 4 stars in my review.
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

Overall, I liked the book. Personally, I wished it had a more interesting plot, though. It had a lot of world-building, instead. I probably would recommend it to someone if I knew they liked thinking about sci/fi worlds and societies.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Coromandel Dreamin' by Ron Murray

Post by Praise GodWord »

My opinion is that it is not suitable for children. They are the least people I would recommend this book to. What I liked best about it was the description of Voulhire. It was well described.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

Mathew Tysz is one of my favorite author as he knows how to make a novel visual and this one is not a let down. I enjoyed it right from the beginning to the end because of the interesting storyline and description.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

Drianie wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 06:49 I was pleasantly surprised by this novel, and I found myself captivated, unable to put it down. I enjoyed this book so much so that, upon finishing it, I immediately pick up the next installment in the series. I’m interested to see where the author takes Galen’s character since he hasn’t reached the peak of his potential just yet. I gave this novel 4 out of 4 stars for the creative writing style, the interesting characters, and the exceptional editing. Honestly, a delightful read!
That is one thing I like about this novel. It is a page turner. Reading this you will really want to pick up the next in the series to see how it ends. I love Galen as a character and Tysz created him perfectly and interestingly
Giga51087
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giga51087.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Giga51087 »

I must say that unfortunately I did not like the book.

The story possesses potential and so does the principal character. But the story unfolds at such an irregular pace that it can be exasperating.
This tendency of the author to approach the situations so grabbed by the hair in some cases detracts from the book. The leap of views is intolerable. Too abrupt and totally out of context for the occasional reader that dislodges the story.
In addition, there are many spelling errors that slow down the reading rate. Which makes reading a severe headache.
This book is one of those books that if they gave it to me I would read it more out of commitment than pleasure.
I do not recommend it at all. And the author of the saga very slowly improves the quality of his writing. It is from the fifth book I can just read it without causing a migraine.
_khush_p
Favorite Book: Strong Heart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khush-p.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by _khush_p »

When I read this book I was a little confused as to what is going on. Eventually learned that this first book is more like a base to the next books. I loved the concept and the way the author has written but I felt like the book was disconnected in a lot of places. I still can't comprehend how so many characters are connected to each other, but I hope to find it out one day! And this feeling of wanting to find out more, to keep reading, to keep learning more about the magical world of Voulhire is what made me rate it a 4 out of 4 stars.
“See the good in everything, and the best of it will find you.”
- We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies.
Birthright06
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birthright06.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Birthright06 »

I'm half way thru the book, but nothing much is happening. Why is that? But I'll be honest the premise and Prologue is interesting enough, that's why I picked it. Does it get better on the other half? (Guess, I'll find out soon). :)
kmteter26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmteter26.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by kmteter26 »

I personally struggled to get into the story in the beginning because I was often confused and was waiting for all of the characters to finally come together and influence each other's lives, but as I read on I became captivated by it and I look forward to reading the next books in the series. I thought the online materials that accompanied the series were a really cool touch and helped me to not be so confused about the significance of each character and where everything was happening in relation to everything else. I could easily see this series becoming a pretty significant fandom.
Cassie_Megan
Currently Reading: Totem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassie-megan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Cassie_Megan »

I really enjoyed the book but I didn't give it a full rating because I feel like there are too many changes in point of view. It personally confused me and didn't allow me to focus as much as I wanted.
Niamh1234
Favorite Book: From Lukov With Love
Currently Reading: One Way Or Another
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niamh1234.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Niamh1234 »

This is such a good book. It is slow at the start but after pushing through it really is brilliant. My favourite character was Lord Eldus! Very excited to read the next one
jomana_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jomana-3.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by jomana_3 »

I just finished reading it. I gave it 3 out of 4. It was an exceptional read, and I really enjoyed the story and the writing style of the author; however, the pace of the book was a little slow. With that said, It is a highly recommended read.
caina3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caina3.html
Latest Review: Pearl River Mansion by Richard Schwartz

Post by caina3 »

Hello,
I used this book as my first review. I enjoyed reading this book very much, and I kept wanting to get back to it. So far, my favorite character is Galen. I want to see how he develops over the course of the series. I gave the book a 4 out of 4 stars. I liked the modern nuances in the story that are not typical of the time period. However, some of the modern word and phrase usage threw me off a little. I would probably recommend this book to my husband because Sci-Fi & Fantasy books are his favorite genre. I look forward to reading the next book.
Thank You,
A. Cain

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”