Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Post by Rayah Raouf »

It was an incredible book, I just wish that it would be slightly longer. I am still going to recommend this to my friends.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

This is an amazing book. One thing that I loved about it is how the writer vividly described various events. I am glad that it has a sequel. I would definitely recommend this book to other readers.
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

I always thought that the first installments of any series especially of the fantasy genre are particularly difficult to write as it mostly poses as an introduction . Introducing new characters and plots without much happening could sometimes be boring for the reader . But when it comes to this book I am glad there was a perfect balance and it managed to maintain my interest right from the beginning. I gave this book 4 stars. Let's see what we discover in the sequels.
ecor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ecor.html
Latest Review: Unhinged by Steve Galley

Post by ecor »

The build up of the story was quite slow, that's why I did not give it a full rating. But it was filled with intrigue that something bad is lurking behind the shadows, that's what kept me going. I like the part towards the end, because it was so thrilling and it made me think that the next book would be amazing.
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

I loved this book and gave it 4 stars. I enjoyed the burgeoning friendship between Galen and Rowan. Galen's naivete to Rowan's confidence and whit was a delight to read. This book made me an instant fan of the author.
CozyBookCorner
Currently Reading: Seven Fallen Feathers
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozybookcorner.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by CozyBookCorner »

I really enjoyed this book as I love fantasy novels and I found Matthew has great world-building skills. I don't mind slower build ups because they give a more substantial base to the story. I also enjoyed most of the characters, even if Galen is a bit naive. However, I didn't give it a full score because I find some of his sentences a bit awkward to read personally. I would still recommend it to others to try though!
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Post by Sarrikoziol »

This book is definitely 4 out of 4 stars in my book. I thought it was a fantastic read. The emergence and depth of all the characters, the world description, and the overall ambience really played keys roles in the storyline. The author certainly has a vivid imagination.
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
Mahak Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahak-sharma.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Mahak Sharma »

Well...I liked this book and rated it 4 out of 4 stars.
The most amazing thing about the story was that how the writer creates suspense at the end of the book. Nobody knows what will happen next until you read the next instalment. I was shocked when Riva Rohavi suddenly attacked Hillport and Lord Eldus died. :techie-studyingbrown:
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I didn't like it. I gave it 2 out of 4 stars. But I did like Galen and his friendship with Rowan.
And I was annoyed that Eldus got killed. It gave me a Game of Thrones, Ned Stark vibe where this person tries to do a whole lot of good and ends up dead.
Little_Lotte
Currently Reading: Rimas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-lotte.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Little_Lotte »

I really like this book, personally, I like fantasy related books and the way this world is presented, it is such a joy to be hooked on such a suspenseful tale. :D
Mahak Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahak-sharma.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Mahak Sharma »

I gave this book a full rating of 4 out of 4. The book had all the ingredients to make it a masterpiece. The theory of two different worlds opposite of each other was great. And, I especially liked Meldorath's character. He was mysterious and dark. And his mysteriousness was kept until the end.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. Matthew Tsyz wrote the book well. The story was gripping till the end. The book never lacked an attention captivating event. I look forward to reading the rest of the books in the series. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves war stories that involve magic.
photosynthesis19
Currently Reading: A Room of One's Own
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-photosynthesis19.html
Latest Review: The Middle Reaches (Episodes 1-8) by L. Andrew Cooper

Post by photosynthesis19 »

I used to be a huge fan of fantasy books when I was younger, reading books about dragons, elves, and magic basically everyday. It's been a while since I had picked up a fantasy book, so I thought that reading We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies would be a great opportunity to revive my old passion for fantasy. And this book did not disappoint!

I thought it was a bit difficult to immerse myself in the story at first because so many important characters were introduced in the first three chapters that it was challenging to keep track of everything that was going on. But after that, I really enjoyed every chapter! My favorite part about the book is how complex and detailed the entire Voulhire universe is constructed and how each of the characters have such interesting and deep personalities. I would definitely recommend this book to all fans of fantasy books!
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a very interesting story that I enjoyed reading. The story teaches about a number of misconceptions that we live with and may never discover their root cause, how power corrupts, betrayal, et cetera. I loved Meldorath's magical abilities, Rowan's loyalty and disliked the Riva. I think that the Riva are the actual villains. I recommend it to lovers of myths that revolve around magical powers and abilities, betrayal and conquest for superiority.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

3 stars for me.
I cringed every time there was a mention of a word that I find not applicable to the world of Voulhire.
Can't hockey and football be named differently?
They make the story sound too American.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”