Do you think free will man-made relations are stronger than blood relations??

Use this forum to discuss the September 2020 Book of the month, " "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas.
mustaharleena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Do you think free will man-made relations are stronger than blood relations??

Post by mustaharleena »

It depends on personal experience. In some cases, blood relations can be very strong, but in most cases, the manmade relations are stronger. There are cases whereby friends will come in handy than family because in families, people tend to become too familiar with one another hence becoming apathetic towards one another.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Deceit
Bookshelf Size: 756
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I believe the bonds are very similar. The difference being that individuals work harder on the bonds outside of family. There is more patience and these friends are not taken for granted like family members are.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
RonBon23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by RonBon23 »

I believe A free will man relationship will be stronger than a blood relationship because it’s not something already decided for one but a choice an individual makes everyday.
Aishwarya Chhabra
Currently Reading: Make The Dirt Fly
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishwarya-chhabra.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Aishwarya Chhabra »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 07:42 I believe the bonds are very similar. The difference being that individuals work harder on the bonds outside of family. There is more patience and these friends are not taken for granted like family members are.
Yeah I too believe that what is easily obtained is taken for granted and hence blood relations do not need extra polishing or efforts to keep them bound and we work quite easy on these relations. On the contrary non blood relations always keep us on the edge and are purely based upon give and take.
Swamp witch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swamp-witch.html
Latest Review: Evolution's Edge by J.K. Pascall , Aaron E. Davis

Post by Swamp witch »

I think we use blood as an automatic door opener, there is an expectation that we will look out for each other because we are related. A chosen connection is a truer foundation for a relationship and has more equity for each person involved. The ultimate relationship is when you choose to connect with someone who is related, a friendship in that situation can be the strongest of all partnerships. We are talking platonic here, right?
Jeni13luv
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeni13luv »

I truly believe we do have stronger relationships with our friends rather than blood because sure, they’re our blood, but that doesn’t mean we always get along or always hang out. I believe if you could you would hang out more with your friends rather than your family.
DominikaS
Favorite Book: Picasso At The Lapin Agile
Currently Reading: Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominikas.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by DominikaS »

They are definitly stronger as you grow up, when your a child its more about nurture but as you grow up you obviously start to understand more things and that changes your mind about things, reaching more towards 'man made relationships'.
Marloo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marloo.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Marloo »

Yes I do think so. Free will man-made are overall stronger because of that free will, the choice. People tend to forget that. People can be blood-related but indifferent to each other because they haven’t spend any time together so they don’t know each other that well. A relationship of any kind takes work and the actively chosen commitment.
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

I think man made relations can be stronger than blood relations in certain situations. Family relationships can be toxic and just unhealthy which makes for a weak bond. You can walk away from both relationships when necessary.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

We often come across incidents in real life where blood relations fail to fulfill their part and the relations otherwise prove to be true. However, family is something that always stand for us, especially our parents. But I couldn't disagree with the fact that new-found relations can also become a part of family no matter the blood relations.
Essywa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essywa.html
Latest Review: ...on your way home...Do This by George Six

Post by Essywa »

I believe manmade relations are stronger than blood they often come in handy especially in times of certain situations one is going through but by the end of the day it depends with an individual choice.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

I believe that this depends on how we feel towards our biological families. Sometimes when a person has a difficult type of family they long for a place where they can feel belongingness and that's the time that they develop ties outside blood relations. When the family we grew up with are not providing our needs emotionally, we tend to reach out to others. However if our family is in a position where all needs are met, the tendencies to long for other relationships are not that prioritized. Whether it is biological or man-made ties, both of them have unique advantages. They are essential to the growth of each individual.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
_Bokeh
Favorite Book: The King of May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bokeh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by _Bokeh »

Yes,it is possible to foster platonic relationships that are stronger than familial ones. The thing about family is that it is almost like we have no choice, we are related by blood and there's nothing we can do. But with platonic relationships, you choose each other despite the fact that there is nothing that requires you to do so. I think that's very beautiful.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

I believe it all depends. However, if I had to choose I would say that a man creates a family and it does not have to be related to blood at all.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 14:26
B Creech wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 09:57 I think there are times they can be stronger, depending on a person's relationship with their family. I have had friends I made outside of family that have very strong bonds and lasted. However, I still believe blood will take precedence over man-made relationships in the long run.
I'd say it all depends on an individual. It's a collection of commitment, selflessness, and empathy. If a person feels more accepted to a group than their blood-related persons, he/she might eventually have to have a stronger connection with them.
I agree with you that this depends a lot on the person. Sometimes a person can connect immensely with someone and have a much better and healthier relationship than with someone in their family.

Return to “Discuss "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas”