Take responsability and relax.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Drado_27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drado-27.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Re: Take responsability and relax.

Post by Drado_27 »

I absolutely agree with the author. However you feel, you should accept it and try to find the best solution. One of the biggest problems is that when someone feels anxious, they try to hide it. That is no way. How the world perceive us is our responsibility.
_Bokeh
Favorite Book: The King of May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bokeh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by _Bokeh »

Yes. I have taken this approach and it has worked for me. Responsibility comes from response-ability, our ability to respond, as opposed to reacting, to situations. This involves consciously deciding to take certain measures or steps towards a goal. In the case of anxiety, for example, you can decide to avoid getting yourself into situations that prompt it, for example striving to finish your work on time even when you don't want to, know when to stop and take a vacation or responding positively to negative circumstances.
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Post by honesty_pays »

I definitely agree with the author's methods of relieving stress and anxiety by taking responsibility of our actions. This would give you as a reader closure and reduce the pressure attributed to avoiding these responsibilities.
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

I can understand taking responsibility as a means of anxiety relief. If you have nothing to worry over because you lay full claim to everything that you say and do, there is no stress or anxiety of the unknown. No secrets or regrets, just acceptance and understanding.
Keta_ki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keta-ki.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Keta_ki »

Taking responsibility is one of the most mature things to do. I often remind myself whenever something wrong happens to me that it doesn't matter who caused it or whose fault it is. What matters is that I take responsibility for fixing that thing. It frees up a lot of space in your mind and makes you feel more peaceful when you take responsibility.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

I totally agree. If you don't take full responsibility for what's happening in your life, or if you are not yet fully aware that everything is a result of a decision that only you made, anxiety levels hit high. Because just then do blame cycles start. Not only blaming others, but the world in general, God if you are religious or yourself. But taking full responsibility unlocks the door of reform and making things right again. Or so is what happened with me.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by A Y reviews »

The success or failure of anyone in life fully depends on the level of responsibility one takes. And some of our choices unfortunately contribute to adding stress to our lives. Therefore I fully support the authors' views.
Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: Inspirations by Colleen by Colleen Bruce

Post by Joan642 »

Some people are far too gone that they need to be forced to actually relax, can u believe that? I think this is something that starts with the mind, once your mind accepts that you need to "relax," you would automatically become conscious of it. So at any point you feel stressed out, you can think of anything you enjoy doing to relieve you of the stress or anxiety.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

I believe that when a person takes the responsibility, they have more motivation to produce better results.
Patag Ghosal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patag-ghosal.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Patag Ghosal »

Taking responsibility for your decisions and actions allows you to hold yourself accountable. If there is failure or a misstep then looking inwardly can do wonders for mental health and development. Additionally taking responsibility over one's life essentially translates to developing control over one's life that ultimately helps in dealing with stress and emotions.
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

I agree with the author, actually people should always take responsibility of all action they take, the author did a great job.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: The Jewels Of The Rainbow by H.F. Snyder

Post by TCG »

The author's suggestion is agreeable. I've tried it, and it worked for me. Mostly when the anxiety was induced by too much stress and herculean tasks.
moonopam
Currently Reading: Four Kittens in the Bathroom
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moonopam.html
Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham

Post by moonopam »

Anxiety is experienced by everyone at one point in time or the other. People handle it different ly. People may reduce anxiety by dancing, singing and exervise.
bush reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bush-reads.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Post by bush reads »

I completely agree with the author. Although, I am struggling with it currently. I don't really know how exactly can we completely take control of our lives. Especially if, our anxiety constantly reminds us about how much we are failing at this very thing. But, I guess we eventually do. Gotta keep trying.
Wyzdomania_Gskillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyzdomania-gskillz.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wyzdomania_Gskillz »

Taking full responsibility for ones life is non-negotiable for everyone that desires success. I have had a personal experience where I suffered from acute lower back pain for a long time. It seemed so excruciating at certain times that I seriously contemplated going for scans and other medical interventions. The truth is, after I did a little research and learnt about certain intentional lifestyle changes, and I consciously 'took responsibility for my life', the back pain stopped by itself without any form of medication. I've almost forgotten I ever had the experience now.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”