Lessons to be inferred

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Re: Lessons to be inferred

Post by Fliesie01 »

One of the lessons I learned is that there are a lot of ways to handle your stress so that it won't overwhelm you. Nothing is ever really out of your control. There are always ways to get things under control.
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
Lhammamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhammamy.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Lhammamy »

İn the end nobody will take care of you but yourself. İt's crucial that we deeply be responsible even about every thought that passes our mind, every choice we take regarding our bodies, every step we make.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1887
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

The following words of the author are the lesson I inferred from my read "'God is bigger than my fear' is another statement that can become reality to the person if they repeat it often enough during their phase of stress and anxiety."
chrisrhine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrisrhine.html
Latest Review: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones by Chris Reynolds

Post by chrisrhine »

I think in that addled state of stress/anxiety, one can be readily convinced of many things. Replace God with Allah or even Buddha (be creative with it), and the person will see their reality shift to those poles of influence.
Hames
Currently Reading: Worlines
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hames.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Hames »

What I learned is it is hard to control what happens in our day to day life but how we react to stress and anxiety is what that matters.
CharlieMax1516
Currently Reading: Put Comfortable Shoes in my Coffin
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charliemax1516.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by CharlieMax1516 »

The association of nutrition and eating habits with stress is somewhat new for me. Changes in both of these are starting to make a noticeable difference in my stress level and how I can manage it.
"Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs." -Emily Bronte
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

rahilshajahan wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 06:10 The main lesson I took home was "Although we cannot have complete control over external events, we can control how we react to them."
Anyway, I was curious as to what other ideas everyone else may have picked up on?
Absolutely!
Most times, it is not what might have happened, so much as how we interpret and then react to the occurrence, that brings us stress.
As a life coach, this is something i reiterate to my clients all the time. It is nice to have it pointed out in this book yet again.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

I learnt that meditation and yoga can help relief stress but at an extreme situation medication can be usefull
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

There was a statement given about controlling how your life moves forward from this point on. I found that part to be so simple and moving. You don't realize in some cases that you're just essentially drifting along until a statement like that pops up on your screen.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I really liked your inferred lesson. The inferred lesson I got is that "where there's a will, there's a way."
Nferdi20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nferdi20.html
Latest Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Post by Nferdi20 »

I picked up that it is always best to try natural remedies first for anxiety or stress before turning to medical pills. The book provides a wealth of natural and therapeutic remedies.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I found this to be a very helpful and Informational book. It reinforced the fact that it’s all in the way we deal with things and react to things- we need to learn to use the right tools and there is much anxiety and stress we may be able to avoid
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

One of the most important revelations was that it is our thoughts that create stress, not situations. We can reduce the discomfort by reframing the thoughts.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

The biggest lesson I inferred from this book is- Human experience is caused from within. Whether it is stress, anxiety, depression, or it is happiness, bliss, ecstasy- all are caused from within. So, the entirety of the human experience can be brought down to a bunch of chemical secretions- commonly called neurotransmitters.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

Yes it's true, we do not have much control on things happening in our lives, but we can control our reactions to them. If we don't then it just leads to a miserable life. I firmly believe that our thoughts effect how we feel. If our thoughts are negative, then we are going to act negative and feel badly. Having a positive thought process though can bring much more happiness into our lives. I think the author is just trying to point out that there are many ways to deal with stress and anxiety. We just have to explore them and see which ones work for us. We are all different. What works for one person may not work for another.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”