Is it practical?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Stephmagero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Re: Is it practical?

Post by Stephmagero »

I definitely think that the remedies mentioned in the book are practical. Obviously certain methods won't be for everyone but I think everyone can find something that will work for them.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Guda LM wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 05:09 I believe the as the authors rightly named the book, it is supposed to be a general guide to dealing with anxiety and stress. For those with mild anxiety, I believe some of the remedies if followed well can be a solution. However, for those with severe anxiety, the book is a starting point and ocassional references where applicable, not to give a cure, but some direction and pointers.

Generally for, everyone else, during those stressful days, the book can go a long way in calming those nerves. It serves different PURPOSES as it is a guide and not a specific prescription. But as always advised, it is always good to seek professional advice when the symptoms persist.
I agree completely.
The remedies given are good in general, for mild cases .

In severe cases or cases where individuals have special requirements, then the pointers are good as an adjunct to specific medical advice.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Gift5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gift5.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

Post by Gift5 »

Yeah it is a practical guide for minor cases, but as it progress i believe the advice and expertise of a professional should be sort.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

I think taking this as a secondary, cheaper alternative is the best bet. This book doesn't cater to a personalized audience, whereas going to a trained professional would. The practicality of this book would be determined by the severity of the case - mild, non-interruptive anxiety or stress vs chronic, debilitating anxiety and stress.
Eareeves99
Currently Reading: The Beautiful Ones
Bookshelf Size: 326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eareeves99.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Eareeves99 »

I believe this book was practical and many of the steps would be easy for anyone to follow. The author gives four areas that need to be addressed for progression in healing, so I believe the treatment recommendations are balanced.

I do think, though, that much of the information about neurotransmitters would be difficult to understand without some background in science or psychology. My biggest question after reading the book is how to know if your levels of any of the many things discussed is off. Symptoms were given, but many of the symptoms are general and could be caused by a wide variety of issues. I think in the case of supplements, a professional would need to be consulted.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

You make an important point about being followed by a professional. I thought that the book had some practical methods that could be done by the individual without a professional.
Kaivalya Khisti
Currently Reading: The Hand Bringer
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaivalya-khisti.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Kaivalya Khisti »

I don’t think it would worsen the issue, but best to seek guidance from professional rather than totally relying on guidance from books.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

For the majority of the readers, the helpful tips and ideas that are offered as suggestions, that are covered in this book, to reduce stress and anxiety, will be enough to help bring life to a much calmer and more peaceful place. They will also catch the stressors quicker and release them before they become a bigger problem, hopefully.

However for those readers who suffer with much deeper anxieties and stressors, may also benefit from this book, but should also check out more professional help and resources as an additional way to getting them to a calmer state of mind, and learning how to reduce stress more.

They do make it clear that while they offer helpful ways to hopefully reduce stress and anxiety in your life, they are no substitute for your own doctor or other types of counseling help. The resources at the end was a great way to end they book, giving us tangible take-always for our own use.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Sushan wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 02:43 This is a practical guide to relieve anxiety and stress, by two authors who are renowned as well as experienced in the subject.

Yet, this is a book to read and understand by the reader him/herself, and then to apply its content to get relieved from his/her anxiety and stress.

To what extent this practice is practical? Without a proper assessment and a guidance from a trained personnel, will it deliver the expected results? Or will it worsen the issue?
I feel like it is a general overview of a lot of topics to show the reader what is available. Further research or guidance from a practioner would be needed to apply any certain method.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

This book is definitely very practical. With all the symptom management, exercises, food supplements- it is as practical as it gets. That being said, every individual is different and hence requires a different treatment. So, you should add this book as a helpful guide rather than a full fledged treatment system. For proper treatment, you should definitely go to a doctor.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

This book gives lots of options for relieving stress and anxiety naturally before moving onto other things. They are practical options. If one option doesn't work, there are other options. If someone tries all of them and they are still experiencing symptoms, it may be time to talk to someone. I don't think this book is claiming anything, just sharing suggestions that have helped people in the past. Stress and anxiety is personal and will be up to the individual to find what works for them.
Abi McCoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-mccoy.html
Latest Review: The Scrolls of the Bonefairy Castle by David Spiegel

Post by Abi McCoy »

I found this book to be very practical. It's not meant as a substitute for clinical evaluations/advice, but if you're looking for additional practices to take at home that are safe, this is the perfect guide. I found it especially useful as I do have a lot of stress and anxiety, but I'm pretty high-functioning overall (don't need prescriptions to handle it), so having these remedies have been a real help to me.
Maggie Johnson 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-johnson-2.html
Latest Review: Graham's Folly by Miguel Gutierrez

Post by Maggie Johnson 2 »

I think the information in this book is a great starting point. I would want to do more research and/or consult a professional before beginning any of the treatments, but this book provides enough information that I would have an idea of which therapies I would want to pursue.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

I think it is practical. I do believe these remedies can help either on their own or along with medication. I don’t think the author meant it to be a substitute for medications if one truly needs them.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

I believe it's practical because it gives many options. it doesn't discuss one way that can suit someone and doesn't suit others. the variety gives more opportunity to cover many personalities.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”