Most Effective Remedy

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Primetjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-primetjay.html
Latest Review: Leaving Dahomey by Jude Shaw

Re: Most Effective Remedy

Post by Primetjay »

Of all the remedies, meditation has always cut it for me, always been like a life saver.. Taking time out to concentrate and clear mind had been my most potent stress and anxiety remedy
bush reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bush-reads.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Post by bush reads »

Exercising works well for me. Also, if I'm particularly feeling stressed out and demotivated about completing a greater task, achieving smaller goals (related or unrelated to the main task) like cleaning my room somehow makes me feel better. It gives me a sense of control over the situation, I guess.
77way
Favorite Book: Waterworks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by 77way »

Sport exercises, reading novels, go vacation travel, playing video games, take favourite meals, watching comedy movie could healing stress and lossing anxiety.
Book Lover7
Currently Reading: Crown on Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover7.html
Latest Review: The Light of the Dying by Michelle Reynoso

Post by Book Lover7 »

The most effective remedies for anxiety and stress are meditation, do the things that give peace to mind, go to the place which gives peace to your mind and most importantly share your problems with your trustable person ☺️.
Claude Hang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claude-hang.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Claude Hang »

Howlan wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 00:18 Among all the numerous therapies mentioned in this book, which remedy do you find the most effective?

Personally, for me, I feel that exercise especially running helps a lot to reduce anxiety and stress.
Working out, definitely. Especially if you understand the science behind it; the release of endorphins, serotonin, etc, basically, the feel good hormones that directly counteract negative emotions. In addition, the confidence you have looking your best and pushing yourself.
Claude Hang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claude-hang.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Claude Hang »

I'm Christian, so my 'meditation' is prayer. Exercise and deep prayer have done wonders for me.
Kristin Ransome
Currently Reading: Way of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: The Augur's View by Victoria Lehrer

Post by Kristin Ransome »

I rely a lot on biking to help relieve stress and anxiety, as well as cleaning/decluttering my main living spaces to help me relax when at home.
paigelambo10
Currently Reading: Open Book
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigelambo10.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by paigelambo10 »

I have not tried all of the remedies in the book but two that help me relieve stress are exercise and writing/ journaling. Journaling is a popular CBT technique, but I also have found that keeping a planner and writing down everything I have to do helps me a lot with time management and evaluating my priorities.
Amara911
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amara911.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

Post by Amara911 »

Of all the methods mentioned here, exercising and meditating are the best for me
pablo10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo10.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by pablo10 »

Spending 2 hours in the gym working out helps me to start the day with a fresh and open mind. I feel fit and energetic, which helps me to focus my mind on the tasks at hand.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

If I may choose more than one, I would say a combination of diet, exercise, hydration, and meditation. I think it gives a holistic approach to healing the body, mind, and spirit. And if practised regularly, what used to be a simple remedy will develop into a habit leading to a more balanced and healthier lifestyle.
MariaLivaniou
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading: Captive Prince
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinbennet.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by MariaLivaniou »

For some peopele exersise is a great way to reduse stress, at least for a couple of hours, but that doesn't work for everyone. Personaly when everything in my life feels too much for me to handle and too difficult to control, reading a book is my remedy. I am transported into a world where my problems dissappear and the environment is fully controllable, and even if it is just for a little while, the sence of control and power help me get back on my feet.
Aishwarya Chhabra
Currently Reading: Make The Dirt Fly
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishwarya-chhabra.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Aishwarya Chhabra »

Regular routines morning walk, lots of water, balanced diet, keeping calm, meditation at the least of 5 min can prove to be very helpful in regulating stress levels.
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

Exercise and meditation are most effective for me when done together. I have to do both to reduce stress and anxiety.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

I totally agree. Personally, I find that doing exercises greatly help in reducing anxiety and stress. I, for one, take a long walk or go running whenever I feel overwhelmed.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”