Most Effective Remedy

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Keta_ki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keta-ki.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: Most Effective Remedy

Post by Keta_ki »

I think exercise is the most perfect remedy for stress and anxiety. Nothing like it. Exercise literally helps release endorphins and dopamine in your body which makes us feel really good. It keeps us both, physically and mentally healthy.
SarahShebl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahshebl.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by SarahShebl »

Exercising always puts me in a better mood. In fact, exercise releases endorphins which trigger a positive feeling in the body.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

Meditating helps a lot! It does wonders if you take the time to take a pause and relax your mind
prachi29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prachi29.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by prachi29 »

Meditation and regular workout seems to be the most effective methods.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

Exercises tend to help me clear my mind. A good shower after the work out refreshes me even more. I have learned to tell when I am being overpowered by anxiety, so I take time off from social media and other stress-inducing environments until I can get my bearings right.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
dm1971
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by dm1971 »

Drinking tea is the most effective remedy for me! What I do is early in the morning, I the tea I will drink for the rest of the day. Then, I will take my time to savor in my first cup in the morning. Drinking tea in the morning while my family and neighbors are still sleeping is very calming.
AJ_Williams011
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aj-williams011.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by AJ_Williams011 »

Meditation and yoga work for me. Especially now when my workspace is the same as home, my mind finds it difficult to focus on which task is at hand: chores or work. It's comforting to have a short moment for refocusing and recollection and stretching my limbs whenever I feel stiff. Yoga isn't really hard exercise; you could choose which routines you'd be comfortable and/or challenged. The point is to release the tension your body and relax your mind. Keep safe everyone!
All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm.
– Margo Roth Spiegelman in Paper Towns
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Post by honesty_pays »

It depends on the level of stress I am encountering at that moment. But I either work out or relax through yoga.
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

Exercise is a wonderful stress reliever. As many people know, exercise produces endorphins which naturally enhance the mood. It is harder to feel stressed out and anxious when you have happy feelings coursing through the body!
redknitcapgirl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redknitcapgirl.html
Latest Review: The ultimate love by Sherine Anniruth

Post by redknitcapgirl »

david_martinez wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 22:53 Drinking tea is the most effective remedy for me! What I do is early in the morning, I the tea I will drink for the rest of the day. Then, I will take my time to savor in my first cup in the morning. Drinking tea in the morning while my family and neighbors are still sleeping is very calming.
What tea do you usually drink? I find that chamomile helps when I can't sleep or when I'm having trouble calming down.

I also used to jog in the morning. But every since the pandemic, I haven't been able to.
eddhee_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by eddhee_ »

Yoga. It's the best method that helps me relief stress.
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Post by Anngladys »

I like meditating and exercising. Meditating helps me think things through and exercise provides a heightened level of energy which is invigorating. Meditation on a regular basis generally makes life manageable.
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 14:33 Brendan Donaghy wrote:
> Howlan wrote:
> > Among all the numerous therapies mentioned in this book, which remedy do
> > you find the most effective?
> >
> > Personally, for me, I feel that exercise especially running helps a lot to
> > reduce anxiety and stress.
> I can understand why exercise would feature as one of the natural therapies/remedies
> for anxiety and stress. I also like that meditation rates a mention: taking time just
> to 'centre' oneself for a short period lowers the heart rate and brings blood
> pressure down."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most of my friends use meditation to easen stress. Personally, I use meditation to prevent it rather than eliminate stress.
True, meditation can also prevent stress. It can help you see the big picture and make better decisions. Without it, it's very possible to have a narrow vision of things, resulting in knee-jerk decisions which make life even more stressful than it already is.
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 14:36 Exercising works for me. In most cases, I find my body responding quicker to high-intensity workouts compared to simple exercises like walking.
I like exercise too. The aerobic ones are great stress lifters.
Walking can sometimes leave room for one to think about the stressful factors, which can worsen the condition - unless it's an intensive and quick walk, I suppose.
Anngladys

Post by Anngladys »

Sou Hi wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 00:38 Exercise is good, a little sweating will help you relax. And when you focus on something else, your worry will be lessened or temporarily forgotten. As for me, I will do what I like the most when I'm anxious. Singing my favourite song in my mind, thinking about my beloved ones, reading a funny story, eating something sweet, etc., anything that will distract my attention from the source of the stress.
You said it! Distraction is the word! Oh how I wish it was possible to fully and permanently distract ourselves from the stressors in our lives!!!

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”