Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
_Bokeh
Favorite Book: The King of May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bokeh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by _Bokeh »

I was inclined to read this book after a long time searching for a remedy for anxiety. A couple of reviews later, I decided to try it. I'm not yet done but I already like it. The author defines stress and anxiety in simple terms and generally uses layman's language to put his point across, as opposed to very difficult medical terms. So far, so good!
ChristinaMokoena
Favorite Book: Crossfire Series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinamokoena.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by ChristinaMokoena »

The book has a lot of great information, which is great considering the time we are living in. Covid 19 has definitely added to a great many people's anxiety.

What I would have liked to see from the author is not just a western approach to handling anxiety. As an African I take pride in the fact that we are the leaders in all things natural and once in a while it would be appreciated if the rest of the world actually acknowledged this.

Over all I would give the book a 3 out of 4 as it was well researched and interesting to read
Shal0m20
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Shal0m20 »

I found this book amazing! It is really easy to comprehend even if you do not have any idea of medical training.

It discusses the terms and differences between Stress, Anxiety and Phobia. It also points out the different natural alternatives and options that are available to reduce Anxiety and Stress.

I would definitely give the book a 4 out of 4.

:techie-studyingbrown:
mmandy38
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: The Zookeeper's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmandy38.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by mmandy38 »

I gave this book a 3 out of 4. I found the authors to be knowledgeable about the subject and the information helpful. I found it odd that the whole book was not solely on the natural remedies as it inferred though.
Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: Inspirations by Colleen by Colleen Bruce

Post by Joan642 »

I liked the fact that the author began with explaining what anxiety and stress is, then the causes the symtomps and ways we can relieve ourselves from it. It is very informative and educative
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Post by honesty_pays »

I would give it a 4 out of 4 rating as it started by teaching about anxiety and stress and gives readers the remedy to solve it on their day to day lives. I still feel book like this should reach a lot of people out there and should be made very concise so they could use it as a handbook.
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino
wordartist2208
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordartist2208.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by wordartist2208 »

I have read this book and it is incredibly informative! The tools and techniques mentioned in the book serve as a useful remedy for all those who are ready to make a change for the better in their lives. Definitely recommend reading this book! :happy-sunny: :happy-sunny:
Book Lover7
Currently Reading: Crown on Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover7.html
Latest Review: The Light of the Dying by Michelle Reynoso

Post by Book Lover7 »

I like the informations given in this book. It'll help the person who is dealing with anxiety. I'll surely recommend this book to the person who has anxiety problem.
Higher25
Currently Reading: Daily Pulse: the rhythm of the Tao
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-higher25.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Higher25 »

Stress and anxiety are silent killers in our society, by far I've read books that promised solutions and though they were helpful, this one is unique. Very specific and step by step guidance is what I love about this book. Everything has its shortfalls, but this one is almost perfect from my end. Didn't find anything I didn't like. I recommend it to everyone. You'll like it whether you are seeking solution or just information.
:D I believe in love
A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by A Y reviews »

I haven't finished the book but so far so good. I love the direction of several methods to over stress and anxiety as explained by the authors. Nice book.
DBNJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbnj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by DBNJ »

The book provides a lot of information about anxiety and stress. The author first delve in to the aspect of what is stress and anxiety before moving in to the solutions. People get stressed out in many ways. It is quite revealing that some of the reasons are lesser known and people are not concentrating on those aspects. This book will help readers to understand those little known facts better. Furthermore, there are many natural heeling processes have been mentioned in the book. These methods are not restricted to a certain part of the world, but followed by many countries. Overall, the content is extremely informative, and many of the healing methods can be adopted by without seeking medical assistance.
‘In a world that increasingly obsesses over the gods of power, money, and fame, a writer must remain detached, like a bird on a rail, watching, noting, probing, commenting, but never joining. In short, an outsider.”

-Fredrick Forsyth
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

Generally, anxiety and stress is something we get to experience at some point in time in our lives. The book tells us about natural remedies to combat stress and anxiety. I like the fact that the book is very easy to assimilate.
I would definitely recommend this book to adults especially older adults .
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

Anyone can relate to stress and anxiety in their day to day lives, some are more subject to it than others, but I feel that it is a topic we can generally relate to. I feel happy to have read a book that outlines its causes and tries to help someone relieve their mental state in order to avoid those destructive emotions. The writing was creative and simple and easily understandable to readers, which is an added advantage.
arisa_sitti33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arisa-sitti33.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by arisa_sitti33 »

Dr. Kinrys has described the causes and solutions to anxiety and stress in simple layman's terms. I would advise anyone to read this book, whether they are quite informed on stress management strategies or do not know where to start with meditation. The book itself is quite straightforward and it was a great informative read.
tirsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tirsy.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by tirsy »

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress I don't think there's anything I dislike about this book. I like how the author introduces it. I have learnt so much and how to cop in different times. It is a good read.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”