Official Review: Sophistication by Matt Casamassina

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Re: Official Review: Sophistication by Matt Casamassina

Post by joshfee77 »

gen_g wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 01:44 I loved how you described the pace as "dragging you relentlessly through a 500-page book as if it were only 300 pages"! This sounds like a really well-constructed novel, and I would definitely like a chance at reading it. Thanks for the brilliant review.
Yeah, just an all-round great read, this one. Thanks!
joshfee77
Currently Reading:

Post by joshfee77 »

Cotwani wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 12:12 'I never lost interest at any point in the narrative, and I never lost the sense that the author really cared about his characters, plot, and subplots. I cannot stress enough that if you like powerful sci-fi thrillers, this is an absolute must-read.'
This summation makes me realize what I will enjoy in this book - everything! Thanks for the anazing review!
Thanks! Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

While science fiction isn't my preferred genre, I'm very intrigued by your review and the plot of the book and the mystery of the person who appeared from nowhere.
ShelleyMeeks
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by ShelleyMeeks »

Based on the summary of the book, I was ready to say no to this one. My mind changed at "gritty and addictive thriller." Great character depth and an unusual writing style by Casamassina make Sophistication a must read. Thank you for the thoughtful review.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:

Post by joshfee77 »

Mbrooks2518 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 10:38 While science fiction isn't my preferred genre, I'm very intrigued by your review and the plot of the book and the mystery of the person who appeared from nowhere.
The cloaked figure appearing in the US Senate definitely hooked me when it came to selecting this book to review. A powerful mystery to open with! Thanks for commenting.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:

Post by joshfee77 »

ShelleyMeeks wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 17:34 Based on the summary of the book, I was ready to say no to this one. My mind changed at "gritty and addictive thriller." Great character depth and an unusual writing style by Casamassina make Sophistication a must read. Thank you for the thoughtful review.
Thanks! There aren't too many books that grab my attention as well as this one did. Fantastic read.
Kristin Ransome
Currently Reading: Way of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: The Augur's View by Victoria Lehrer

Post by Kristin Ransome »

Wow this book seems to have a little bit of everything I like to read!! The fact that the author is able to keep the reader's interest throughout the entire book is quite a feat, and I look forward to reading it!
chiefsimplex
Currently Reading: A Second, Less Capable Head
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiefsimplex.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by chiefsimplex »

A political threat of this nature really sets the pace for a dramatic thriller. I am curious to know how the security council resolved this one ,it sounds challenging enough.Thanks for the review.
“So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”