Featured Official Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin [April 2020 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sydney Nyamasoka
Currently Reading: The 1000 most important questions you will ever ask yourself
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-nyamasoka.html
Latest Review: The Harder I Fall, The Higher I Bounce by Max James

Re: Featured Official Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin [April 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by Sydney Nyamasoka »

Thank you for the well written review. From your review, I think I'd skip this book but do appreciate the realistic picture of the possible future ahead of us as humanity. Sadly, we are capable of wild things that are devastating.
Search for, and find, real meaning in life and live purposefully.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

This fast-paced science fiction thriller that revolves around human cloning appears intriguing and captivating. I can't wait to dive into it. Thanks for the great review.
SurroundedByBooks
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surroundedbybooks.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by SurroundedByBooks »

‪I loved the sample pages, and I hope I get the chance to review this book. I want to find out more about the Projects and what happens to Kalin.‬
“You know, for kids!”
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 976
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

A book about cloning seems to be interesting.

Thank you for the great review.
Azura_Cat
Favorite Book: The Collected Nightmares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azura-cat.html
Latest Review: New Yorkers by Clifford Browder

Post by Azura_Cat »

The review made me more interested in the book than I already was, although the idea of peeking my way through the novel makes me chuckle a bit. I also think it has a realistic aspect to it - I think plenty of people would find it easier to view clones as "lesser than" other humans, although I think that is ridiculous and just another excuse to do terrible things. Thank you for your review!
ahawl008
Favorite Book: Freiheit
Currently Reading: Cancer Was Not a Gift & It Didn't Make Me a Better Person
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahawl008.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by ahawl008 »

Sci Fi isn’t a favorite of mine, but the sample pages and this wonderful review might make me want to read this book. Cloning is an interesting prospect, but the amount of violence detailed in the Prologue may give me pause.
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

I’ve just read a bit of it, and by your review, I know I’ll have to finish it! Thanks
Alya17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 611
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alya17.html
Latest Review: Rebecca's Adventure by Diana Johnson Narod

Post by Alya17 »

This is a beautifully written review. I read some pages in the sample and wasn't sure that this book is for me, but your review persuaded me otherwise. I especially loved the inclusion of the humourous line about Yoda because I wouldn't have associated humour with a serious book like this.
Princepetr10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by Princepetr10 »

This is a sci-fi thriller . This story is captivating and partly catapulted into the future . Project Tau is a nice book to read .
sam9ja
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sam9ja »

I'm seriously looking forward to knowing what happened to Kalin Taylor and Project Tai.
Great book!!!
kmittag67
Favorite Author: Jim Butcher
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmittag67.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 2907

Post by kmittag67 »

I read the first few chapters of the sample, and I am hooked. A fast-paced sci-fi thriller sounds awesome. The author implementing Yoda in a bit of humor to lighten the mood is certainly noteworthy. The review confirms my first impression that Project Tau is definitely a book I want to read. Thank you for the excellent review.
Anyone who has time to clean is not reading nearly enough :wink:
MooneyMooney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MooneyMooney »

It doesn’t exactly sound like something that’s up my alley. It sounds like it could be slightly intriguing for someone into science fiction and the whole “demise of the future” type thing....but not my cup of tea.
CATHIEBETH
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by CATHIEBETH »

All I can say is: Wow! Between reading all the posts/reviews and then the book's sample pages, I have been intrigued, to say the least. So far, Project Tau by Jude Austen sure appears to tell quite the unique story. I am a die-hard sci-fi fan by nature, and this book is definitely drawing me in. It seems like it encompasses many more genres than just sci-fi though, like drama, thriller, horror, and I'm not even sure what else...yet!

It all starts out with college student Kalin Taylor participating in a hazing stunt that involves a mega-corporation and cloning. As you can imagine, things don't go as planned. Need I say more?

The whole premise of cloning in this story is told in such way that makes the reader feel as if it's foretelling the future of our society, should we continue to go down that scientific path which we have already started to walk. It eerily lays the foundation of how quickly society embraces slavery of human clones, all in the name of power and money. The sociological impact of just that part of the story is hideous to think of, yet it makes the book that much more compelling to read at the same time.

I can't wait to sit down and read this. I know I will not be disappointed by this book. It definitely will be one of those books that I just can not put down until I'm finished.
Paige Alvarado
Currently Reading: Night Chills
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paige-alvarado.html
Latest Review: The Beginning of the End - It Starts by John K. Williamson

Post by Paige Alvarado »

I usually don't go for science fiction books because they tend to be a bit mediocre. But this one seems to be on the cusp of sci-fi and fiction. It sounds very interesting! Nice review.
bellajavier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajavier.html
Latest Review: Truth Come to Light by Taryn Feldmann

Post by bellajavier »

The book has a very strong and gripping plot, with such realistic character, and strong sense of logic throughout. The fact that there was comic relief, makes it an ideal book for someone who loves the genre (ME!).

I absolutely love how your review is written, very clear and very concise. I'm glad you enjoyed the book!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”