Featured Official Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin [April 2020 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chege_wanjiku
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chege-wanjiku.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Re: Featured Official Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin [April 2020 Book of the Month]

Post by Chege_wanjiku »

A novel that is fast-paced science fiction thriller is always interesting to read, and this one sounds like a good one. I can't wait to read it. Thank you for the review.
TampaCJ_Review
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TampaCJ_Review »

I think science fiction authors in particular are reflecting the abuses we see in society today. Technology is not being used as a tool to equalize the masses, it is to provide bread and circuses for those of fixed mind, and then to widen the gap between the haves and have nots for the rest of society.
mushho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mushho.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by mushho »

The plot seems very intriguing and interesting, like nothing I've ever read.
Prtodumej
Currently Reading:

Post by Prtodumej »

Project Tau is an intriguing thriller about a boy named Kalin. He got a scholarship to attend college. He was excited to go to college. This book is action and sci Fi packed. I like the characters build up and development. The book is well structured.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Guda Lydia »

This is both intriguing and surreal. I wonder if this is a warning of a grim future if the current trend remains the same. Cloning is a double edged sword. The review is also amazingly fascinating.
paula2982
Currently Reading: Educated
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by paula2982 »

Your review was so capitivating that it could make anyone want to read this book. I am not one to read science fictions books very often yet this book sounds very intersting and really illuminates how this book could potentially be something seen in our future.
Xenolyph
Currently Reading: Flowers in the Attic
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xenolyph.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Xenolyph »

Thank you for the review. This sounds like an exciting book! I'm kinda sad I missed out on it. Hopefully another opportunity rolls around!
cj_mcrich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cj-mcrich.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by cj_mcrich »

A science fiction about cloning? Count me in! Reading books which broadens my imagination is quite the feat for me. Though I don't really believe such fictional things will happen, I am fond of how creative sci-fi authors can get and makes a story for the wandering minds of people like I. Definitely would love to read. Thanks for the very much convincing review!!! :)
cgeyvanpittius4

Post by cgeyvanpittius4 »

I really love Sci fi and it was very intresting and I just had to add it to my shelf
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

A very thrilling read indeed, the book seems to accurately depict the downgrading nature of humans. We are the kind of people who think that we are taking one step forward but actually we are taking ten steps backwards.
Calineoghen

Post by Calineoghen »

I really like the whole thing, So as the future won't be perceived as good only.
Iva Stoyanova
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iva-stoyanova.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

I usually don't read science fiction books but this one sounds really intriguing. There are many themes in this book making it seem very interesting - the cloning, the fact it is a thriller, etc. Putting it in my list of 'Going to read'! :techie-studyinggray:
"You can be more aware and more present simply by resting in the present moment, open to all that is, without trying to control it or grasp it with the mind. Truly, a marvelous way of being!"

Richard L. Haight
Marion Jepkosgei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marion-jepkosgei.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Marion Jepkosgei »

Your review is cut clearly. In fact, I loved it from the time I read it. This is beautiful. I'll definitely check the book out.
Sres0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sres0.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sres0 »

While I do believe cloning could be a topic of the future, I personally don't think they wouldn't have rights given the monumental global rights movements and the sensibilization of people towards inequallity issues nowadays. Still, part of the beauty of sci-fi is the exploration of endless possibilities, and may this be real or not, it is still a scary story to dive into.
However, how real you make it sound, the addictiveness of fun and morbid you portray, and the little details you mentioned like humor in-between just makes it impossible to not want to read it. Great review!
Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doziesixtus.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Doziesixtus »

I love cloning, tho there's this sigma towards the concept that gives it a bad outlook. This was an interesting read by the way.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”