Official Review: The Pygmy Dragon by Marc Secchia

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Re: Official Review: The Pygmy Dragon by Marc Secchia

Post by rave_2 »

I think the fact that it's the classic hero rising and defeating an evil that threatens the entire world makes this seem interesting. It makes me wonder how the author is going to use this kind of idea in the book. Great review.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
KDJ
Favorite Book: Elenor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdj.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by KDJ »

After reading the prologue of the book, I think this book will be on my reading list. Your review has only made me more interested in it. Thank you for your review. I am a fan of Fantasy Fiction, so I hope it will be fun and immersive. Transforming into a dragon sounds different. Different is usually a good thing. I can't wait to start reading it. :D
He that loves reading has everything within his reach. —William Godwin
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

The Pygmy Dragon by Marc Secchia is a shape-shifting fantasy tale about a girl who was saved by dragons from captivity in a zoo where she is mixed with apes. Now, she's going to help save the dragons from slaughter and extinction. The saved will now do some rescuing. Interesting! Jaime Lync has given us an enthusiastic endorsement of the book, telling us that Secchia has taken a "clichéd premise and gives us a genuinely fun reading experience." The book tackles the sensitive issue of maltreatment of indigenous peoples in many parts of the world and their human rights. However, it sets this theme in a fantasy world, with a Pygmy girl in a heroic quest to save the dragons who have brought her out of her zoo cage. The book opens an engaging and exciting way to introduce such heavy themes to young readers. I'm glad to learn from Jaime Lync that Secchia found ways to keep the story at the right pace and to tell it in a fun way without diminishing the impact of its serious messages. Congratulations to the author!
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

I love dragons and I just know that this book is going to keep me glued. I look forward to reading it in entirety
zjacks
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading: The Immigrant's Lament
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zjacks.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by zjacks »

The incorporated parallelism to the slave trade and Pip's journey sound fascinating, especially in a fantasy action novel, where other worlds seem so distant from our own. I definitely want to read this book eventually!
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

You had me at shapeshifting into a dragon. Your enthusiastic review has convinced me to give The Pygmy Dragon a try. It sounds like a fun read. I love a story that I can immerse myself in, and this seems to be one.
bauer_ve
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bauer-ve.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by bauer_ve »

I so look forward to reading this book! The cover already looked interesting and after reading your review I am even more intrigued. The Harry Potter series is one of my favorites, so I think I will definitely like this book as well. Shapeshifting into a dragon is something that I have not read or seen before but the idea of it sounds very entertaining. Thanks for the great review
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems to be an interesting fantasy story about a shape-shifting half-human half-dragon. Not only are the characters well created, the plot was well developed. This deserves a second look. Well Done.
read+er
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read-er.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by read+er »

This book got my attention when I saw the cover too and the story description added to it. The reviewer did a good job of reviewing it, and peaked my interest more. I like stories about dragons too.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I see there are several positive ratings on Amazon. This book sounds interesting, and the life of Pip sounds intense and intriguing. I'm glad there was good character development and a fitting ending. Dragons are always a hit, so I look forward to checking out this book. Great review.
BeautySuzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautysuzy.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BeautySuzy »

Thanks for the review !
I really like the character development and the story of Pip is so engaging, I can tell from the description only. Worth reading.
Think outside of the books.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

Humans shapeshifting into dragons, ancient scrolls, and an amazing epic fantasy await the reader of Secchia's promising book!
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

I really like the artwork and the story about Pip the Pygmy warrior sounds intriguing. I’ll check it out.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

The Pygmy Dragon by Marc Secchia is a #Fantasy tale about the magical destiny of a girl (from the Pygmy village) who shapeshifts into a dragon. Will she be able survive from the Dragon Assassins and help the dragons out from extinction?

I'll read to find out. Thanks for the review.

#Magic #Dragons #ComingOfAge #Bullying #FreeBook
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

In the 'Official Review: The Pygmy Dragon by Marc Secchia' the knowledge about the author's life and his love for dragons provides a nice background for the story of the book. The review is an in-depth view of the story. The topic of dragons is delighting for the mind!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”