Official Review: Digger Day by Michael Lee Kirk

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Re: Official Review: Digger Day by Michael Lee Kirk

Post by Fu Zaila »

Looks like this is going to be an interesting read. I love it when first books in a series lay out enough foundation and excitement to make the reader look forward to the next book. Thankfully, you already get to read the sequel. Great review!
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Fuzaila wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 07:31 Looks like this is going to be an interesting read. I love it when first books in a series lay out enough foundation and excitement to make the reader look forward to the next book. Thankfully, you already get to read the sequel. Great review!

Thanks! It really did make me want to go look up the next book.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

kandscreeley wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 11:52 As far as the plot goes, there is an overarching story that Mr. Kirk is in the process of explaining to the reader. To discover this main story line, we must go back to the beginning and learn about Jaden and Alpha Prime. This leads to multiple plot lines, but the author was masterful at switching between them. I was never confused but always thirsty for more.
While this is not my genre, I am drawn in by your experience of a well-crafted, complex story that left you wanting more. So often, complexity can lead to chaos in writing. Sounds like this author did it well. I will probably pass on this one, but thanks for the fun review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Eva Darrington wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:40
kandscreeley wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 11:52 As far as the plot goes, there is an overarching story that Mr. Kirk is in the process of explaining to the reader. To discover this main story line, we must go back to the beginning and learn about Jaden and Alpha Prime. This leads to multiple plot lines, but the author was masterful at switching between them. I was never confused but always thirsty for more.
While this is not my genre, I am drawn in by your experience of a well-crafted, complex story that left you wanting more. So often, complexity can lead to chaos in writing. Sounds like this author did it well. I will probably pass on this one, but thanks for the fun review.
I really appreciate you stopping by and reading my review. It definitely as a good complexity. No chaos here. But, I understand your passing. Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

This sounds like an exciting book! But how big and annoying was the cliffhanger? Did it make you frustrated? Or did it still wrap up some plot points?
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Allyseria wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 07:19 This sounds like an exciting book! But how big and annoying was the cliffhanger? Did it make you frustrated? Or did it still wrap up some plot points?
Some points were wrapped up, but there is an overarching plot that continues throughout. I want frustrated, but it did make me want to read the next book.
—Neil Gaiman
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

Few authors can infuse coherence in their writings, especially in the science fiction genre. More often than not, books in this genre tend to introduce multitude of new concepts in order to build a sci-fi setup and fail to create a seamless connection between them. I am glad that this book is an exception to this chaos and judging from your review, is an engaging novel. Looking forward to get a copy. Thanks for the review!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Debjani Ghosh wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 22:59 Few authors can infuse coherence in their writings, especially in the science fiction genre. More often than not, books in this genre tend to introduce multitude of new concepts in order to build a sci-fi setup and fail to create a seamless connection between them. I am glad that this book is an exception to this chaos and judging from your review, is an engaging novel. Looking forward to get a copy. Thanks for the review!
Thanks! It really was a good novel. Very well done.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”