Official Review: Pre-Apocalypse 1 by Jeremy Westerman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Official Review: Pre-Apocalypse 1 by Jeremy Westerman

Post by melissy370 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pre-Apocalypse 1" by Jeremy Westerman.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered if the belief in aliens and Christianity can go together?  What happens when a person gets abducted by aliens?  Do aliens play a part in the evil we see today in our world?   These questions and other fun conspiracy theories are examined in Jeremy Westerman's book Pre-Apocalypse 1:  Serpent's Agenda.  Labeling it as sci-fi fiction is a misnomer because there is as much non-fiction in the pages as fiction.  Westerman interjects his comments and ideas into the sci-fi storyline of Gage Moorland who is an overachiever in physicality and life.  At only 17 years-old, Gage gets enlisted into a top secret space program for the United States government.  Since he has trained for most of his life, Gage breaks world records in many of his cadet training sessions which catapult him to the top of his class.   Gage and his fellow cadets goal is to eradicate man's worse enemy:  the Reptilians. The Reptilians are a malicious alien species that not only harness massive brute strength but also a knock-you-over body odor.  Can Gage and his squad save mankind?  

Unfortunately,  Gage and his escapades left me wondering why I picked up the book.  The over-the-top superhero was not relatable nor likable.   Physically he could do anything, everyone loved him, the girls fawned over him, and everyone wanted to train with him.  Gage showed his arrogance occasionally with statements like "humanity of earth owes me a great deal" and when speaking of the President of the United States, "My wish will be his command."  Furthermore, there were an exorbitant amount of wasted pages on Gage's exercise regimen and his diet.  The dialogue between characters was bland, and you were told more about their emotions than shown.  Astonishingly, no one challenges that there are visitors from outer space.  To establish depth and realism, there should have been more skepticism. 

What the fiction part lacked, the nonfiction sections made up for.  Westerman's thoughts and comments were engaging and entertaining.  And even though I did not agree with most, it was what compelled me to finish the book.  The author believes that not all aliens are dangerous and some are here only to help.   After Roswell happened, the American government gained alien spacecrafts and now uses them to abduct civilians to settle on their moon bases.  Oh, and why are there so many UFO crashes?  It is because demons seek to disguise themselves as aliens and they have no clue how to drive the ships.  

As complex as Westerman's ideas are about aliens, so are his thoughts on the affairs of the world and the USA.  The author leaves no stone unturned with conspiracy theories.  From the death of JFK and Marilyn Monroe to secret societies vying for world domination.  The network of people that want to take us down is referred to as The New World Order or NWO, and one method they practice is to give us Fluoride, aluminum from Chemtrails and specific vaccines, artificial sweeteners, and GMOs to slowly kill us.  The history of the Federal Reserve is also presented and is shown to be the downfall of our society.  America is not free from the British and the Revolutionary War was only symbolic.  We are still enslaved by them through the foreign banks in that country.  Westerman shows his opinion of it when he vehemently says in all caps, "DOWN WITH THE FEDS" and "ASSASSINATE THE FEDS."  It is clear he is passionate about these topics, and I wish he could have directed those emotions more into Gage's narrative.  

One of the most fascinating themes of the work is how Christianity fits into the author's worldview.  I had no clue that there was such a thing as Christian UFOlogy until I read this book.   Westerman describes his view in his theory called Christ Centered Grand Unified Paranormal Theory which tries to harmonize science and religion together.  Many of the opinions that are presented in this thesis go against mainstream Christianity like God sent two floods, there were people on earth before Adam, and the Reptilians are fallen spirits from other alien races.  Also, the Pope is asserted to be evil, so if you are fond of that guy, you will not want to read this book.  Westerman is overtly pro-Trump and has a strong opinion on Jews, Islam, and homosexuality that might be offensive to some.   

The book is so riddled with punctuation and grammatical errors that clearly shows it has never been edited.  Gage's name was misspelled once, and there were sudden transitions into the next scene that made it confusing.  I struggled with rating this book because it has obvious negatives but also some great positives to it.  The author showed he is thoroughly zealous about his views and has tried to research as much as he can about them.  With that in mind, I give Pre-Apocalypse 1:  Serpent's Agenda 2 out of 4 stars.  To recap:  fiction part is tedious and long-winded, nonfiction part is intriguing and informative, be careful what you eat and drink it could be poisonous, and if your loved one goes missing it is probably because the government needs them on the moon.

Pre-Apocalypse 1
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like melissy370's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

I’m so glad to see that someone has finally reviewed this book. I’ve seen it languishing there on the review pages but never had the nerve to do it myself. I’m glad that the non-fiction section had some redeeming qualities to it. Thank you for the great review!
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy

Post by melissy370 »

Kendra M Parker wrote: 01 Jul 2018, 17:53 I’m so glad to see that someone has finally reviewed this book. I’ve seen it languishing there on the review pages but never had the nerve to do it myself. I’m glad that the non-fiction section had some redeeming qualities to it. Thank you for the great review!
:lol: Yes I took pity on it because I saw it hanging out awhile. Luckily, there were redeeming qualities to it. Thanks for your comment.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

It's hard to comprehend that there is such a thing as Christian UFOlogy. I appreciate your very thorough review, but I'll be passing on this one.
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

You’ve done a good job of separating your review into the fiction and nonfiction segments. Too bad about the multitude of errors. I’m not interested in conspiracy theory, so I’ll pass on this one. Thanks for the information!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

SO many aspects of this book made me go, "YIkes." The lack of realism is something I've encountered in other books, like Superhighway. The editing errors would drive me crazy, as would the bland dialogue. Tell-not-show with regard to characters' emotions basically takes the fun out of reading. I usually enjoy offbeat sci-fi type books, but there are better reads than this one that fall under that heading. Thanks for the thorough review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

I'm not into alien and Christianity subjects. Capitalizing words that authors wanted to stress is something irritating for me sometimes. I'm so sorry to hear about the number of grammatical errors that made you struggle to rate this book. Thanks for the honest review. It made me decide to bypass reading this book.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

I agree with you.To establish depth and realism,there should have been more skepticism.
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Onyinye Excel »

ThIs book is full of intrigue.Were Gage and his squad able to save mankind?

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”