Official Review: Blade Forged In Darkness by M.A.N.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Re: Official Review: Blade Forged In Darkness by M.A.N.

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

I’m intrigued by the award and I love fantasy, so look forward to checking this book out!
PrayuktaP15
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by PrayuktaP15 »

BLADE FORGED IN DARKNESS - By M.A.N

Unique is probably the best way to describe this book. It's unique in its point of view, it's unique in its setting, it's unique in how it approaches...well everything, it has a unique protagonist, a unique pace, a unique style of writing, unique action, and overall it is a unique experience. Nothing's like it. And it works. In this case, unique = great.
This is the most action-packed book I've ever read. Every fight is epic and every move is perfectly described in a way that I can perfectly envision it in my head. It is fast paced with a great setting, good plot, and great characters.

Ratings:- ⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 ⭐s
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

Thanks for the review. Looks like, you enjoyed reading the war story of this book. Sad to know that there were many grammar errors which made your reading slow. I think this book is for war stories lovers. Congrats to the author on BOTD!
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

I'm always up for a good fantasy read. This one seems to have a lot of adventure as well. I haven't read any books in the second person POV though, so that's something new to look forward to.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

A fantasy tale of a warrior, Blade, written in the second person perspective sounds engaging. Too bad the author shifted in between perspectives. I enjoyed reading your review!
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Interesting. It's been a long time I read a book in the second person POV, and this will be a great tool to use in teaching my creative writing class at school. That it's a fantasy/sci-fi genre makes it all the more appealing. I'll grab this one real quick, thanks!
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

The author uses the second person point of view to connect the reader to Blade, the lead character, who fights many battles to prove himself. The adventure is thrilling, and the mystery will keep readers guessing.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
FariDa Arif
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farida-arif.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by FariDa Arif »

Inside the book,you come across another book which is meant for acquiring power to dominate others.Wars are won through these aides.I experienced a clear confusion due to second person and written mistakes.I would like to read it but. not to that extent ,as war scenes and wars are not of my type.Thanks for the review!…
56lives
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-56lives.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by 56lives »

This book is very over the top, I loved it. The part I liked best was where, in the middle of a fight, your opponent does a certain technique, and you think to yourself “I’d better not dodge this attack or the planet might shatter into little pieces.
It looks like it is a fight between good and evil, where evil wants to destroy our planet. Although it is difficult and time consuming to read a book with lots errors, I think this can make a good read. Thanks for a good and honest review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”