Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roxanne Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxanne-thomas.html
Latest Review: Toward Happier Choices by Michael Oborn

Re: Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Post by Roxanne Thomas »

I had already decided to read this book, and after reading the review I want to read it even more.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

This sounds like it could be an interesting sci-fi story. Not sure of im up for a lot of people dying at the moment.
Chelsea N. Hackett
amberether2016
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberether2016.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by amberether2016 »

I'm not a huge fan of Fantasy writing, but your review was amazing! It definitely caught my attention.
darbybj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 803

Post by darbybj »

" Immortals ' Requiem ", by Vincent Bobbe is about a mixture of characters created by the author from his imagination that you find it hard to conceive at times. There is Co Rui who's only task is killing and Grimin a monster slayer. Grimin's bloodline is entwined with Cu Rui's. They lived iver two thousand years ago. There is Camhlaidt who is a elf and he likes to stay drunk. Cam, the disgraced elf, is drinking one night when Grimin shows up and as a big tattooed man. They get to talking and set out together with Ifrids, a variety of humans, Elfs and other mystical characters to complete a task that Grimin is on. Meanwhile on the streets a man is dying while he is he is witnessing the reincarnation of the monster hunter, Grimin which means that Co Rui is alive somewhere. Bobbe has used vivid wording to create the scenery so that you feel as though you are witnessing it firsthand. He has used alot of blood shed throughout the book but he didn't word it in a way that it was gross. The language at times was a bit too much for me but overall the book was well written and well edited. I give it 4 * 's. If you like fantasy and are an adult then you should read this book.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this is an interesting fantasy story that seems to merge characters of the Norse mythos with the fae of both English/Irish legend and more central Europe. This is definitely worth a look. Well done.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

It looks like an engaging read for fantasy lovers. Also, I like the fact that the author has an excellent world building which is important for any novel falling in this genre. Thanks for a wonderful review.
srividyag1
Currently Reading: The laws of human nature
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srividyag1.html
Latest Review: The Hungry Heart by Brenda Gayle
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by srividyag1 »

You've mentioned that every creature in this book is unconventional. That's the wonderful thing, considering the overwhelming number of supernatural elements present in today's books. Your review makes me want to read the book so much. Thanks for the review!!
- Srividya Giri
Smile more, it's infectious.
ChainsawCat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chainsawcat.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by ChainsawCat »

I am officially more interested in reading this book than I was when all I had to go by was the very ugly cover art. Even if it is not the sort of thing I would think I would enjoy, knowing how much you loved it makes me want to give it a chance.
Uinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uinto.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Uinto »

I like the fact that the author has used his excellent storytelling skills to come up with this fantasy novel. It is good that the world tries to get rid of the evil that encroaches it. NIce review.
Vlgski
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vlgski.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Vlgski »

Since the book was a freebie, the whole book downloaded. I found myself reading much more than just the sample portion. I was intrigued and held captive by the third or fourth page. I struggled a little with the amount of names but soon realized that some were irrelevant and unnecessary to remember. I really like the mixture of ancient and modern dilemmas and characters. Your review was spot on and well written. Thanks.
Last edited by Vlgski on 18 May 2019, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

With gushing reviews like the one given here, it is hard not to get excited for this book. I love when ancient fantasy can meet the modern day realm of humans. The wide variety of fantasy creatures brought to the table by the author, the ultimate showdown between two supernatural rivals, and the promise of action/violent encounters all have me chomping at the bit to read this one.
bauer_ve
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bauer-ve.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by bauer_ve »

Immortals Requiem sounds like a real page turner! I can’t believe that it takes place within only a 5 day span. The authors descriptive writing is pretty amazing. Thanks for the really great review!!
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

This sounds like a great read, with fascinating characters and a well-developed plot. However, fantasy is not my genre of interest. I think I'll pass on this one. Thanks for the review!
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Sandra K Pearson
Currently Reading: The Pygmy Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-k-pearson.html
Latest Review: The Writer's Roadmap by Leigh Shulman

Post by Sandra K Pearson »

Thats how you know it's a good story, when you feel every blow a book throws at you. Can't wait to read this one. Awesome review.
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Jorge Luis Borjes
Cats dont dance
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cats dont dance »

Your enthusiasm while describing the little details that make the story, and characters come to life, and worth the read has made me want to curl up, and go on the epic journey to defeat Cú Roí too. Great review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”