Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
melni
Favorite Book: Swept Away
Currently Reading: Higher Is Waiting
Bookshelf Size: 1275

Re: Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Post by melni »

Wow! That was a rave review and really applauded this book. I've already put this on my must read list! I too feel the pain and anguish of well written books that have gory, blood-lust battles; I will steel myself for those and forge ahead with this epic tale of a champion born to be a slayer & savior.
Congrats to the author on BOTD and a really great read!
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

The cover creeped me out! I just needed to get that off my chest. Also I don't like it when people die,so when many do thats even worse. It does sound like you enjoyed it though and am glad.Thanks for the well written review.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Kate S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-s.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Kate S »

This sounds like a fun read if you were that invested in it. Those are some unconventional monsters/races, so I'm curious to see how he mashes them together in his world. You mention the modern story takes place over a span of five days, which is hilarious to me. I don't know how long it took the prologue people to defeat this great evil, but just imagine the modern characters going, "Eh, it only took us five days to beat him. How about you?" But the five days also speaks to how well his world-building is if he could cram and weave his world into such a short period of time.

I'll make note of this book. We can fangirl together when I come back to it.

Thanks for the review!
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

Kate S wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 19:41 This sounds like a fun read if you were that invested in it. Those are some unconventional monsters/races, so I'm curious to see how he mashes them together in his world. You mention the modern story takes place over a span of five days, which is hilarious to me. I don't know how long it took the prologue people to defeat this great evil, but just imagine the modern characters going, "Eh, it only took us five days to beat him. How about you?" But the five days also speaks to how well his world-building is if he could cram and weave his world into such a short period of time.

I'll make note of this book. We can fangirl together when I come back to it.

Thanks for the review!
Aaaaaaah, but who says they defeated him in the five days? :wink2: You'll just have to read it.
And then, yes, please, I would LOVE to fangirl with someone!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
malik860
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by malik860 »

A book hangover?? Oh, I have such a love hate relationship with them! Love the book hate the hangover, but I have to say, that definitely is a review that has me interested! The time line being only five days, I can just imagine how quick paced and action packed it is. I love fantasy and adventure, so this is being put on the top of my
tonks_lupin
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonks-lupin.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tonks_lupin »

What an effective and approachable review! I struggle with knowing when a reviewer's opinions might match my own, since I find enjoyment in many different types of literature, and many reviews can be quite generic. Your review efficiently outlined many of the admirable traits I look for, especially in the fantasy genre - so often you feel the story has been told, and are looking for original, compelling characters, story lines and structure! Thank you!
brorude2019

Post by brorude2019 »

Its a book with interesting story line .Could the fairys take new twist in to the future maybe wind up hideing on firstspace shuttles in to outer space trip to farthest planet from the sun. This book well written .hope to see more from author. :D
Delightsome
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delightsome.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Delightsome »

Great review but l don't like to read such book. It sounds weird.
Presdo4real

Post by Presdo4real »

Great review... But i love read it very well.
Hamzavirk

Post by Hamzavirk »

When i read the first line i just fell in love with this book.Really good book
Emjopin
Favorite Author: E.W. Johnson M.D.
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Currently Reading: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emjopin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
fav_author_id: 196577

Post by Emjopin »

The review is as colourful as the book she has detailed in 5 paragraphs. The pseudo fantasy that actually relates to the real weird world keeps readers aware that the wits to destroy can be the same wisdom to unmask it and reverse to restore order.
Pranav351

Post by Pranav351 »

This book is just so amazing the review is really good and the part where you warned the readers not to go through the book if they have problem with people dying just increases my curiosity and that makes me really wanna read the book...its a really nice one hope to get more such books from the author.
Ifedebby
Currently Reading: B-Side
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Ifedebby »

Wow! Bobbe what a nice book,i will like to read d book in full nice work Weldon
mrytlesnow6892
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by mrytlesnow6892 »

This book is a great read especially to fantasy fans and readers. I was very sadden that this book ended. But that won't stop me from reading it all over again. Reading other detailed books gives you pointers on how to prepare your own book whenever one decides to write one. Definitely a must read :techie-studyingbrown:
HamidNawaz0

Post by HamidNawaz0 »

This very nice and interesting novel I ever read, I'm fan of it.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”