Official Review: Logic's End by Keith A. Robinson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Re: Official Review: Logic's End by Keith A. Robinson

Post by joshfee77 »

Certainly an unusual story idea, but a pity the alien characters weren't developed too well. Great to hear the editing was top notch, as this is an area that often seems neglected by independent writers. Great review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

joshfee77 wrote: 03 May 2018, 05:09 Certainly an unusual story idea, but a pity the alien characters weren't developed too well. Great to hear the editing was top notch, as this is an area that often seems neglected by independent writers. Great review!
You're right about the editing. It was interesting enough; it just could have been better. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Excellent review. I’m afraid I’m rather put off by the possibility of finding it dull and frustrating. However, a well-edited book might be worth a read just for the rarity value.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

This sounds pretty interesting. I think I would enjoy reading the author's arguments against evolution in the context of a story about the discovery of an Earth-like planet. One thing that gets me when aliens are introduced in a story is whether or not they can communicate with humans. Sometimes aliens magically know English (this happens in foreign films too, everyone knows English!). Or you have a movie like Arrival where the language expert spends the whole movie trying to communicate. Or you have either the aliens needlessly capturing the humans or vice versa because they can't communicate. I wonder if this book takes one of those tactics or has a new one....
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

I doubt this would be my kind of book. I don't mind points being made in narrative, but when the narrative becomes about making the point, it's a complete turn off for me, even if I agree with the author.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”