The cruel prince by Holly Black spoilers.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bahboo
Bookshelf Size: 0

The cruel prince by Holly Black spoilers.

Post by Bahboo »

The story I’m reviewing today is called the cruel prince and is written by Holly Black. It falls under the genre of fantasy and possibly romance. The story is a teen fantasy fiction about Jude a human girl that in the wake of her parents death is swept away along with her two sisters to the world of fairy. In the years to pass she becomes a formidable sword fighter and a girl of strong spirit and a smart mind.
Bahboo rates this book 5 out of 6 stars.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

I recently read this one, and it was my first book by Holly Black. I don't know why it took me so long to finally read her, but I love the dark tones of the story and her writing style. The plot meandered somewhat in the first half, and I wasn't sure what the conflict was going to be, but by the end I was addicted. I really enjoyed how different it felt from a lot of YA offerings these days!
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

I just finished it yesterday. It was amazing. The second in the trilogy isn’t coming until January but I’m going to check out her other books in the meantime. It was great.
Jackson Roby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Jackson Roby »

The story is amazing and imaginative it is some type of a fantasy love story I like the whole setting
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

The review needs a lot more detail. Would like to know what you enjoyed about the book, but the comments were helpful. I'm definitely going to check it out.
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 0702278117 »

The book that am reading Is river and the source by Margaret Ogola but am getting some difficulties in it by lack of not understanding some meaning
oncemoredorothy
Currently Reading: Fish Weilder
Bookshelf Size: 574
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oncemoredorothy.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by oncemoredorothy »

I loved the Cruel Prince! I first found out about Holly Black when she and Cassandra Clare wrote the Magisterium Series and I was just captured by it, it was so good. So, I recommend reading the Magisterium Series and Holly's books as well as Cassandra's.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I did not enjoy this book at all. It hosts so many Young Adult tropes and was very predictable.
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

I love court intrigue and ruthless protagonists in YA books, so I enjoyed the Cruel Prince for its ending! The next two books of the series feature more of power plays and politics, and I enjoyed those more and more.
Damilolo1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damilolo1.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Damilolo1 »

This book was the first Holly Black book I've ever read, and trust me, I was not disappointed. I loved every minute reading it. I loved the tension between the sisters, the teasing romance between the characters, and the fact that the Cruel Prince just never went the way you'd expect it to go. It made me cry from laughter and gasp from shock. It was an awesome read to the end. And guess what? The next two books were even better. Holly Black did a wonderful job in the series. It's one that I'll never forget.
Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Post by Ogoskino »

Interesting to see what she does with her newly acquired skills.
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I love the Folk of the Air series. I've only read the first two so I'm gonna go ahead and start Queen of Nothing.
Siriusly_blank
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siriusly-blank.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Siriusly_blank »

Oh ! This book stole my heart. Such a lovely book with an amazing plot , enchanting world, clever writing skills, striking characters and much more...
I am totally in love with this series . My advice to all book lovers who are missing characters like Katniss , Hermione , Ginny , Annabeth and Lisbeth is, " This book is for you!".

Jude is a human , stuck in a Farieland where she lives and trains under her parents' murderer. In the magical world of cunning fairies , Jude is an obvious target. She quits being a vulnerable human and uses her talents and potentials to keep pace with the charming creatures of Farieland. She become an exquisite sword weilder and challenges her pesterer Our Cruel Prince. Her strong-will , razor sharp mind, brilliant sword-weilding technique and most importantly the ability to lie attracts Royal attention . She is recruited as a spy, serving the first born Prince and later finds a way to control the throne. Her incredible journey leaves us enchanted . The author's writing style is mesmerizing. The story transports the readers to an entirely new world . The writing has a tone of sarcasm to it that makes the reader chuckle every time the Cruel Prince is around Jude. Their love and hate relationship is adorable. If I were to review it , I would present it with all 4 stars for its amazing story , crispy dialogs , unexpected twists, strong characters and brilliant writing style. Grab this book now!!!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”