Official Review: 30th Century: Escape

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ValentineT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valentinet.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Official Review: 30th Century: Escape

Post by ValentineT »

A book based on sci-fi and a few sex scenes doesn't sound that bad. I'm sure lovers of science fiction will enjoy this book as well as those new to this genre of novels.
Great review!
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Erotica fiction? Count me out. I sometimes enjoy sci-fi but the ones expertly written. I think I'll have an issue with the confusion in the middle so I'll pass on this. Thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

I actually have a copy of this book on my Kindle. I started to read it months back. I was reading too many books at once (as always) and had some books that needed my attention more at the time. I'll go back and read the rest eventually. It seemed interesting.
ruchira
Currently Reading: Heartaches 2
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ruchira »

Escape:
Author have done creative activities all over the Book. I Mean, not only story but images of Novel. So,please continue your Novel Series..!!!
I wish You All the Best!!!
Emmytob729
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emmytob729 »

Just a book combining my favorite genres; Action, Sci-fi and Erotic genres. This book is surely a must read for me :lol: . Thanks for the explicit review.
Steve ade

Post by Steve ade »

The premise of this book is very interesting. The main character, Jennifer, lives in the future where the fate of humanity is at stake because of conflict with beings called "syndos". Therefore, she must send a team of people 300 years back to the past to a period in time where they can correct the "syndos" main's design fault. At the same time, Jennifer travels back to 2015 and that is where most of the plot unfolds. She initially arrives at an island and then soon meets people from the 21st century and develops relationships. A lot of these relationships become sexual in nature and we see the main character face challenges related to people's believes in this century.
Joanna_C

Post by Joanna_C »

"30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.

This book has everything but the kitchen sink: good guys, bad guys, science, science fiction, time travel, fantasy, mystery, heartbreak, beautiful and smart heroine, astrophysics, romance and sex. Of course, sex always sells. Some readers are blushing, some maybe praying and others probably skipped the erotic scenes altogether. Were they too graphic? I don't think so. It is just funny that the only realistic element of the whole story becomes the most far fetched and the most unimaginable. Let's say, in the 21st century most of the creatures on earth have very boring sex but thankfully it improves significantly by the 30th century. Overall the book is not bad at all. Maybe it is too advanced (scientifically) for an average reader but what a breath of fresh air to have an actual scientist reconnoitre the future instead of some writer creating Sci Fi world in which there are no two things that correlate. I would definitely read more of Dr. Levin and let him take me on a date to South Pacific....
enojojoseph
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enojojoseph.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by enojojoseph »

Been a fan of erotic fiction,I would love to read this book for myself, the research into dark matter also seems exciting.
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

Wow! I am surprised this book has made it on the BOTD!. I did a review of this book too. I gave it a rating of 3 out of 4stars too. I agree with you about the erotic scenes and that the sexual content was a bit too much. I feel exactly the same way too, that if Jennifer Hero took time to explore some of her relationships on a less intimate level, the book would have had much more impact. I am not much of a science fiction fan, but when I read this one, it felt well researched and the author did a fantastic job.
Ruadhan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruadhan.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Ruadhan »

This sounds like an interesting science fiction premise, but I am no fan of erotica. Nice review, though.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I really liked the sample that I read of this book. It was a pretty exciting setup to the rest of the book. Your review made things much clearer for me. I like that the author did his research on science and archeology. It's too bad that the story lost its focus. It seems off to a fast start. Thanks for your review.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I enjoy science fiction, but for the book to lose its story arc/identity and struggle to get to the conclusion does not make it sound appealing to me. I hate when books lose their purpose, even when they're able to tie up in neatly in the end. Still, the rest of the review is fairly positive so I might still give it a try. Thank you for the thorough and honest review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

I like sci-fi, and I remember seeing this book. I don’t mind gratuitous sex, haha. Your review was good, but I think I need to pass right now. Too many books on my shelf. I will probably get to this one after I clear a few off. Thanks for the review.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

Thanks for your review! While it does make the book sound interesting, I don’t think I’ll be able to read it on account of the excessive sex. I’m glad you mentioned it because that’s just not something I enjoy in novels.
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

Great review. I don't mind reading book with a side of erotica but only once in a while. I've read this book, 30th Century Escape a few months ago. It's a good book to read to be honest but it's not the kind of book that'd be a favorite that I want to reread it again.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”