Official Review: Invasion by Roxanne Bland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Official Review: Invasion by Roxanne Bland

Post by Marissa Michael »

Another different type of book where creatures like vampires, werewolves, and aliens are co-exist. I'm intrigued. Again there's more to the story than what the book cover alone can offer.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

Vampires, werewolves and aliens?! This is a new combination for me too. Great review thank you for sharing. I think I’m going to enjoy this book.
Yhixtzel
Currently Reading: Hearts Set Free
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Yhixtzel »

:twisted: Invasion .. This is a book that leaves me speechless, it is intriguing and interesting and it is a very good story about vampires, wolves, magicians, and alien creatures that we see very little together but it catches my attention as little by little the story and the adventures of these striking characters .... I really want to read it and see how this book concludes.

DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I love Scifi and this one sounds to be particularly interesting with that kind of a plot. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks for your great review.
chiefsimplex
Currently Reading: A Second, Less Capable Head
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiefsimplex.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by chiefsimplex »

Paranormals are interesting at times , but i do not enjoy them as much when they wander too far into fantasy-land.The idea is original enough though ,ill give it that. Thanks for an interesting review.
“So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like that the book is well edited. I think those who like fast-paced urban fantasies will love the book. Nice review.
Mustang_Sally
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mustang-sally.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Mustang_Sally »

I usually don't enjoy sci-fi but this review made me think that the plot and character relationships would trump any existing qualms I have. The cheesy cover was also quite a put-off but I'm glad someone else felt the same way and was able to enjoy the story for what it is. Cheers!
Sandra K Pearson
Currently Reading: The Pygmy Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-k-pearson.html
Latest Review: The Writer's Roadmap by Leigh Shulman

Post by Sandra K Pearson »

I'm glad I read your review, I probably wouldn't have looked twice at the book because of the cover. I'm a fan of anything fantasy and this sounds like everything I love. Great review.
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Jorge Luis Borjes
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

What will happen to Kurt, the Master vampire of Seattle, Parker, the Alpha werewolf, and Garrett, the mage, once they start losing their powers? Could they reverse the tryst? What's Melera's role in the story and who's behind the whole game? Urban fantasy and sci-fi seem to work together just fine in this novel. Thanks for a great review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

A nice combination of supernatural and thriller. However, I do not particularly like books with vampires and werewolves. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for a very well-written review.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
zizou_10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by zizou_10 »

The coming of the tryst. Could it be the beginning of the downfall of Kurt, master vampire of Seattle? And what powers could the tryst, posses to outwit this incredible band of undisputed supernaturals? What is at stake when the loss of powers reaches rock bottom? I love this kind of writing and thanks for the review.
adpi0189
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by adpi0189 »

I couldn't wait to finish the book. Am not a big fan of vampire or wolf books tho I've read/watched the Twilight series & watched Hotel Transylvania & liked both. I like the flow of thoughts, it kept me from doing chores lol :lol2: Tryst is a new word & I was intrigued. Would the witch be able to resolve the not-so-good circumstance she let herself into? If tryst meant what the witch's master said it was, who will emerge victorious of the trysttants? Another intriguing part is the alien. Would the author be able to blend in the alien part to the story very well & would the alien play a major role in the story as the book's title is Invasion? For fans of fantasy/sci-fi, this sounds a good read.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I love good urban fantasy, and genre-benders like this one usually prove to be both entertaining and thought-provoking. Hopefully the same will be true here. I'm a little unsure about aliens added to the mix, but I'm keeping my mind open. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Joyamaka123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Joyamaka123 »

Invasion is more about supernatural beings vampires and werewolves and that makes the book intresting.i love it
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

Gonna buy and read this. Seems really great plus it is fantasy which means a "must read" for me. Congrats to the author for BOTD.
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”