Featured Official Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cmj111994
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Cmj111994 »

I'm a bit fan of fantasy so I really love the idea of magic in food. It is a strange and a very interesting book to read.
Thanks for the review by the way 😊
Emilyreads

Post by Emilyreads »

I never could get into The Lord Of The Rings but I love All the Narnia books and fantasy in general. Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R (Jim) Harrison managed to make a book that combined all the great fantasy quest aspects of LOTR and the land of Narnia with a giant dose of humor!
I really enjoyed this one and look forward to reading more from this author.
UduakobongUdoh
Currently Reading:

Post by UduakobongUdoh »

This book makes me appreciate fantasy the more. It's funny and mind capturing. Fish Wielder by J. R. R. R is now officially among the fantasy books I love.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

A combination of fantasy and humor sounds interesting. I will, however, pass because this isn't the kind of book I would normally read.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Eduu29
Favorite Book: Twisted Threads
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eduu29.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Eduu29 »

Fantasy,farce,action and humour all mixed in the same book seems to bring out a great deal. I must read this your review is well done.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

I'm not quite sure if this is my type of book. However, the name sounds fantastic and it has humor. I may have to rethink my preferences. Great review
MA
SLD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by SLD »

Another sci-fi/fantasy, which is just not the genre I enjoy reading, even if this one is described as a unique fantasy. So, I'm going to pass for now.
Philippians 4:8
CatherineK
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CatherineK »

This review by rssllue I can say it's one of a kind. It creates that urge to read the book 'Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R Hardison. I bet almost everyone who goes through this review by rssllue will definitely want to try the entire book. No one would want to miss that farce and fantasy rssllue has expressed in this review.

Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R Hardison is a book I'll really want to read ...I'll definitely add it on my shelves.
zadidre

Post by zadidre »

Fascinating story very intriguing and funny. story about the fish wielder is totally a must read
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Traditional fantasy plot elements of a fight between light and dark, in this case the Dark Brotherhood, combined with a spoof? With the Norse feel of the name Thoral and the Fellowship of the Pudding, it's clear what's being sent up here. The best spoofs do work as stories in their own right too, of course!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
IEVALINE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ievaline.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by IEVALINE »

Oh, the fellowship of the Pudding!! The cover of the book I is not quite appealing for me, - it looks as if it is screaming: "fantasy book, fantasy book!", but after reading this review, I can't stand but want to read this book!! Sound like realy horificialy funny book!
Nerdgirl70
Currently Reading: The Lost Boy
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Nerdgirl70 »

The book isn't usually the type of genre I read bit I must say, I was really enjoying it. The character and his surroundings were portrayed so vividly, I felt like I was there. I could see, smell and feel everything. I love the dash of humor incorporated into it.

I would highly recommend this book to fantasy readers. Great choice to any personal library. I see good things coming for this author.
2Caipirinhias

Post by 2Caipirinhias »

I am a massive fan of Piers Anthony and Robert Asprin as well as Christopher Stasheff, so this review has me very intrigued. I will be adding it to my 'books to read' shelf.
Aliya Mehmood

Post by Aliya Mehmood »

Fish Wielder's front cover may be a far cry from a heartening read; however the book reviews are actually impressionable enough to allow wanderlust through the immaculate fantasies. It sounds captivating for any age group provided you are willing to let your imaginations go wild!
mosero
Currently Reading: Bud by the Grace of God
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosero.html
Latest Review: Unbalanced by Courtney Shepard

Post by mosero »

Though I have not read the book yet I must agree with you, its a very interesting combination. Comedy , fantasy , adventure, action

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”