Review of The Resin Chronicles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Review of The Resin Chronicles

Post by Friederic Schröder »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Resin Chronicles" by Craig Zeppelin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Resin Chronicles: Cute and Potentially Harmful by Craig Zeppelin is the third novel in the Resin Chronicles series. It could be read as a stand-alone novel, but to better enjoy and understand the concepts used in the novel, reading the previous series is recommended.

Billy is the right-hand henchman of Mr. Potts. After the death of Mr. Potts, Billy is yet to uncover the secret that lies in his master's actions. In Talorium, he discovered a letter left by Mr. Potts describing the reason why he agreed to the contract agreement he had with The Collective. Mr. Potts's daughter was held captive by The Collective, and they forced him into the contract on the condition of killing his daughter if he broke the contract. He stated in the letter that the dragon gems he sorted were the only powerful magic gems to help fight The Collective and rescue his daughter. He also urged Billy to help find his daughter Katarina before The Collective will send their army to Talorium and slay the people of Talorium. When The Collective sends a representative to Talorium called the Reconciliator, Billy follows the Reconciliator and lands on an island possessed by Maraphagia magic. There is a saying that goes, "He who leaves for the island never returns home." Would he find Mr. Potts's daughter on this island? Or would he forever remain on this cursed island? Grabbing a copy of the novel The Resin Chronicles: Cute and Potentially Harmful by Craig Zeppelin will take you on Billy's adventure.

The most epic scenes in this novel lie on the mysterious island Billy was trapped on. Being under Maraphaga's spell was the scariest experience any character in the novel would undergo, and Billy had to relive his greatest fear over and over again until he was saved by his inner voice, which depicted his old master, Mr. Potts. The scenes on the island were appealing to me, and I admired the author's creative imagination in employing a repetitive sequence of the worst fears of each character. Billy had a sense of character that I admired; he was an observer and a planner. I noticed this in his encounter with Hannah, Sam, and Rodger in the sanctuary hotel. To save Talorium, he needs information, so he tries to get that from Hannah and her friends in Northport by inviting them over for dinner. I admire Sam's loyalty to his friend Peter; he traveled about and risked his life to break Peter free from the ice he was held captive in by Cerulia. They encountered extreme danger in Tanna, but they still stood by their word to rescue Peter; it was indeed an admirable character that Sam and his friends possessed.

The conversation between Hannah and her friends, Sam and Rodgers, in some chapters of this novel was tedious, and it made the novel difficult to read. I also find it hard to understand the author's description sometimes; an instance is the battle of Talorium, where one minute Billy was on the run and the next he was asking Indigo how she was doing. It was like he was not in the midst of danger. It made the novel feel awkward to me. Apart from the facts listed above, I did enjoy this novel, and lucky for me, I have a few favorite scenes which I cherish most in this novel.

I expected to see more realistic action in this novel, but unfortunately, that was not the case. In that case, I state, to the best of my opinion, that this novel deserves a rating of 4 out of 5 stars because I believe the author could have done more with his work of art by creating more exciting pieces and scenes in this novel. I also would state that this novel has been professionally edited, as I encountered a single grammatical error in the course of reading this novel.

For lovers of science fiction, action, adventure, and mystery genres, I would recommend this novel to them, as these themes mentioned above were used throughout the novel. I would also recommend this novel to readers who love to read about dragons and their mystical powers.

The Resin Chronicles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
julence aljon gamad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by julence aljon gamad »

wow so nice book. it's amazing
Ylona Garcia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ylona Garcia »

It is very a great book, and probably going to add this to one of my favorites.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Some classic tropes are used in a novel that seems engaging with its adventure involving dragons despite the parts that are not so exciting. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Your sharing of your experience while reading the book is greatly appreciated, and it's evident that the author's skillful writing was successful in captivating your attention and leaving you eager to discover more.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”