Review of Trip of a Lifetime

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Trip of a Lifetime

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Trip of a Lifetime" by Eric K. Reinholt, Sr..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

An innocent trip to the moon a day in 2090 soon turns to a trip of no return when catastrophe strikes the Earth due to the drastic changes in the already worsening climate. The passengers aboard Laika II have to abandon their plans and seek out a new home away from Earth for the time being. Meanwhile, Captain Powell, captain of Laika II, is on a secret mission to fish out a spy from the MEA (Middle East Alliance) who threatens the USA and the WSA (World Space Association) with their lethal programs capable of controlling whichever device it was embedded in. Several unfortunate incidents occur aboard the mothership, and efforts to thwart them all fall futile. Despite the chaos, romance is conspicuous between Stephan and Kristen, who fate brought together. As events continue to develop, secrets are unfolded and found in the most unlikely places. Trip of a Lifetime by Eric K. Reinholt, Sr. embodies scientific fiction, thriller, and romance.

I found this book intriguing from start beginning to end. It kept me at the very edge of my seat as I remained eager to know how the story would play out. I admired the author’s ability to educate while maintaining a spellbinding effect on the reader. He dispelled various scientific knowledge throughout the text, explaining several complex scientific concepts. All the terms and scientific notions introduced in the book were explained to the very last detail allowing easy comprehension and providing insight. The storyline was expertly crafted. It consisted of many plot twists and stirred suspense. In addition, vital lessons of perseverance were taught in this book. The main character embodied the trait of perseverance, and the benefits that came with it were evidence of its value. With this story, the author encourages readers to keep going despite negative experiences or circumstances.

I found nothing to dislike about the book apart from the fact that there were just a few spelling errors in it. The errors were minor and didn't take anything away from the overall quality of the book.

Regardless of the errors, I still think the book was professionally edited. I was utterly engrossed in the story and was fascinated by how the events unfurled. I would rate Trip of a Lifetime by Eric K. Reinholt Sr. four out of four stars. It piqued my interest right from the start and held it till the end.

I recommend this book to lovers of science fiction, thriller, mystery, and even romance books. It comprises many elements and aspects that come together perfectly and has something for every book lover to gain.

Trip of a Lifetime
View: on Bookshelves
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

It's a skill I'm always impressed by when an author can balance a captivating story that also has a lot of exposition to deliver. Awesome review.
it is what it is ....
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

This book has a great storyline. I like the fact that you found nothing to dislike about the book. I will check it out when I am less busy. Thank you.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging novel that mixes elements of different genres and also addresses some important issues with a climate crisis. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”