Review of Discovering Planet Terrene

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Review of Discovering Planet Terrene

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Discovering Planet Terrene" by James C Reinhold.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Discovering Planet Terrene-An Interplanetary Exit Saving Planet Earth by James C Reinhold is a science fiction novel. It is an interesting book that follows the adventure of Benjamin and his crew as they journey through time and space. They face different obstacles on their way, and they manage to overcome them. They meet former opponents who turn into allies, and secrets are revealed.

The book begins with the team going back in time. They land and take a look through the planet that they are in. The team videos the landscape of the planet. Two members of the team are told the reality of the situation. All the secrets are revealed, and questions are answered. The team also realized that there was another set of people that came to the planet with them.

The book had positives. Firstly, the book was captivating. The plot of the story is good. The beginning of the book is exciting. It grabs all your attention to it. The conflict and obstacles that the characters had to overcome were well written. The tension that was in the book made me have emotional investments in the characters and what they were doing. Secondly, the book was enlightening. There was a social commentary about the use of misinformation to manipulate people. Also, there were scientific theories talked about in the book, although it is a fictional book and it might not be accurate. Thirdly, the book was satirical. The book talked about how the government and humans are destroying the nature of the Earth. The greed of people in using up the resources of the Earth. It also discusses how the government spies on people and invades their privacy.

The book also had negatives. I could not wrap my head around some things. Firstly, how did the team know how far back in time they went? Secondly, some of the conversations between the characters seemed artificial. There was a lack of fluidity. Also, some of the conversations were dragged. The main point was repeated over and over again. Thirdly, after such a long time, how were they able to easily retrieve the machine? Also, how was it still in good working condition? Fourthly, there was no explanation for why the two teams attacked each other in the first place. Lastly, why were the animals on the other planet the same as those on Earth? It did not make sense to me.

I give the book three out of four stars. The book was delightful. Although it had some drawbacks, it was still a decent read. I have not read the other books in the series, which might explain some of the negatives in the book. The book was not professionally edited.

I recommend this book to people who like science fiction I also recommend the book to physicists as the book talks about wormholes and how they can be used to travel through space and time. The book is recommended to scientists. The book discusses other planets which have the goldilocks properties which the earth has and is needed for survival.

Discovering Planet Terrene
View: on Bookshelves
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I was completely ready to pick this up, then you went on about the plot holes and I can't handle a book with too many of those. It always distracts me from the core of the story, but great review.
it is what it is ....
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Time travel always makes me want to read a book. I am almost always interested in how the actions of the time travelers affect the environment. It’s too bad that you found the negatives. I was excited to read this.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite the flaws you pointed out, this seems like an engaging and well-constructed novel that also addresses some important issues such as misinformation. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Earea by E.J. Denman

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

I love a book that grabs my attention from the beginning. This shows me how good the book would be. I would love to learn the author's views on the government and the people's greed. Thank you for a well-detailed review.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

I love science fiction, but only when it relates to the several fantasies people have of the future. However, this seems to be an amazing read as I have deduced from your well-written review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”