Review of The Requium Report

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Review of The Requium Report

Post by Ekezie1998 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Requium Report" by Alison Demzon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The Requium Report, written by Alison Demzon, all of Stephanie's life's twists—including the use of weapons, dimensional travel, and assistance from international and interdimensional organizations—were the result of a single phone call, at the cost of many lives throughout the globe. Stephanie McIntyre, a private investigator, provides a report on the incident that started at Requium Scientific, Colorado Spring. Jim Geigoryan contracts Stephanie to find Dr. Matthew Perez, a Requium Scientific staff member who vanished without a trace after James Collins was declared dead. The fugitive doctor is in possession of research files and a tool that was essential for operating a dimensional portal generator in the Colorado Springs facility.

However, Jim Geigoryan, the head of the genocidal cult, has an absurd scheme in mind that he intended to carry out using the information Matthew had. In the meantime, CompTezA, RedWyvrn, TrixyV1p3r, and other Philadelphians from the Happy Hacker House collaborate with Stephanie and Matthew to come up with plans to stop Jim Geigoryan. What was Jim Geigoryan trying to accomplish with his plot? How can the team stop the problem from escalating so quickly? Learn more about this intriguing piece of fiction.

There are many positive aspects to this book. Because Alison Demzon is knowledgeable about the cutting edge of technology, the book has a more sophisticated feel, as if it were a science-fiction film. The author's writing style is incredibly readable and fluid. I had the impression that I was sitting across from Stephanie while drinking coffee and listening to her describe the entire incident.

Alison demonstrated the LGBT community's willingness to assist and its supportive attitude through the characters of Stephanie, Red, and TezA. The character of Stephanie McIntyre is highly snarky, which adds humor to the book. I also value the quotations that are included at the start of each chapter. I did enjoy the tension that permeated each chapter. It's not over until it's over is a saying that I now fully comprehend, thanks to the book. The moment I thought the commotion had subsided, it sprang back up like a whirlwind of filth and dust. Only when I completed the book did the turmoil come to an end.

The book's twist became quite muddled and challenging to understand. A breakdown of some activities and tools, such as the guns and aircraft mentioned in the text, would have been helpful. Every reader of the book, according to Alison, should be familiar with high technology and its terminology. Other than that, there was nothing else I disliked about the book.

Considering my singular point of disapproval and the minimal grammatical errors, I rate The Requium Report 4 out of 4 stars. However, there were moments that involved terrorism threats, ill-treatment of queer people, and a negatively depicted Christianity religion that some readers may find offensive or disturbing. Because of the use of strong language, I recommend this book to a mature audience, forensics enthusiasts, and LGBT advocates.

The Requium Report
View: on Bookshelves
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

The book sounds interesting, I think I will give it a try, I love reading books about science. What a top-notch review.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Nice review but I don't think I would read the book because of how it portrays Christianity
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

This book must be the type that stimulates IQ development. Nice review. Good storyline.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

From my experience, I can tell that this book is going to be very interesting. I would definitely get this book in my shelf. Thanks for this wonderful review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Science fiction has become my favorite genre. It is interesting to me how Stephanie is able to make use of so many resources, some of this world and some not. I’m putting this on my shelf right now.
Dami Bassam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dami Bassam »

The book focus about Stephanie's life's. She get incident and all relation friend is completely changés in Colorado.The author mention all relation with religion and Christianity. Terrorism is not good and be near GOD help perdons to respect religion and aim the other person.
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

I really enjoy it when authors have a lot of knowledge about the topics in the book. I feel that it makes them reliable. Great review!
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I always enjoy a good science fiction story. I don't often see the genre combined with religious elements but when I do, it's never not a good combination.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

You had me dimensional travel. :D Seriously, this seems like an engaging science fiction novel with some interesting characters and an intriguing plot. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Elizabeth Wilkerson 1
Favorite Book: The Requium Report
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-wilkerson-1.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Elizabeth Wilkerson 1 »

Recently reviewed the book and wanted to share some of my insights. It's a great book. The author compares the LGBT community's professions and talents to religious extremist using the mindset of a Sci-Fi writer/reader. I gave it 5 stars.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”