Review of The Path of a Titan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Review of The Path of a Titan

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Path of a Titan" by John Bennett.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It’s sad that work can take away the precious time that family can bond together. Some parents invest lots of energy and time in their work and end up severing the essence of the smallest social basic unit, the family. This was the case with Dr. Paul Christian.

Robert Fox has continuously envied Christian’s work. It’s an amazing program called Project SPINE. It is a spinal implant that seeks to enhance the reproduction of red blood cells. The end result is creating a faster, more ingenious subject over time. Robert offers to procure the project from his bother Christian at a price. However, Christian cannot allow anyone to take away what he has spent his entire life working on, not at any cost. With brute force, Paul sent his soldiers, the Fox Legion, to capture Christian and his wife. He plans to harvest his stem cells to acquire the essential information from his brain. With the information, Paul contrives to control the world.

Carson and Kylie are forced to believe that their father committed treason by the legion. They claim that Christian stole the government’s property, and during his apprehension, he shot his wife, Isabella, before committing suicide. The kids, Carson and Kylie, are ejected from their home and dumped in an orphanage at Harmony. Will they get over the death of their parents? Life at the orphanage is rocky. While Carson finds love, his baby sister is battling a string of cacophonic emotional torture. Carson has a choice to make. It has to be expedited. Will he stay at the orphanage with his girlfriend or elope with Kylie to salvage her from Rocky, who tried to take advantage of her?

I must admit that I had doubts when picking this book. Both the title and cover page insinuated that it is a sci-fi novel, a genre I am not quite accustomed to. I am glad that despite my reservations toward the genre, I chose to read this book. The Path of a Titan by John Bennett exposed me to a world of possibilities. The quote ‘You either win or you die' resonated with a slew of characters. During the Annual Levi Tournament of Titans, I witnessed how the fighters fought with vigor and valor. Carson was an epitome of good sportsmanship aspiring to win the tournament but caring for the safety of his opponents. The winner of the tournament will get a rare opportunity to join the famous Atlantis University.

The characters are easy to relate to in this novel. I found how Bennett introduced new characters into the book appealing. Somehow, all the characters that Carson interacted with posed significant effects on his growth. I understood why he treated some people with contempt. One of them is Jinx. The latter stepped into the lives of Carson and Kylie when they needed him most. His entry into the plot injected more determination and purpose into Carson’s life.

I also liked the ability to connect with the characters at a personal level. Through the monologues, I learned about the battles some players in the novel experienced. This was possible because the author resorted to employing the first-person perspective narration. I admired Carson’s compassion and hospitality. However, Kylie won my heart. She overcame her predicament and offered counsel to his brother. It is safe to say that she made Carson a better person.

There was nothing to dislike in this book. It was professionally edited and dispensed a worthwhile reading experience. The Path of a Titan by John Bennett deserves four out of four stars. Lastly, this is a novel for fantasy lovers. If you love adventure novels and science fiction, this book will get you hooked. To be precise, this novel is more suitable for the coming-of-age adults.

The Path of a Titan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am a little confused by your review. Aren’t Carson and Kylie brother and sister? If so, why are they considering eloping? The development of a new spinal implant sounds intriguing. I think I’ll try this out.
Mutai Marshal
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

Amy Luman wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 16:18 I am a little confused by your review. Aren’t Carson and Kylie brother and sister? If so, why are they considering eloping? The development of a new spinal implant sounds intriguing. I think I’ll try this out.
They are indeed. However, I didn't use it in that context. While the primary meaning is related to marriage, elope can be used to refer to leaving without consent.
Thank you for stopping by :)
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

To me it seems quite a complicated story. But certainly the author has a message to convey. I think it's about fundamental human values.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

Wow!!! The title of the book got my attention so I must read it. I will be adding to my book to read. Thanks for your review
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

I was drawn to the review because of the book's cover, and I'm impressed by how well it has been received. I'm excited to read the book. I appreciate your positive review.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

The title and the book cover is what captivate me the most. Great review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I believe that it a very engaging read for fans of the fantasy genre. I am sure that young readers will benefit from reading a book with such profound characters :) Thank you for a great review!
Mutai Marshal
Currently Reading:

Post by Mutai Marshal »

Uwe Neufeld wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 07:36 To me it seems quite a complicated story. But certainly the author has a message to convey. I think it's about fundamental human values.
The story becomes relatable and understandable once you read it. Thank you for stopping

by
Uwe Neufeld wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 07:36 To me it seems quite a complicated story. But certainly the author has a message to convey. I think it's about fundamental human values.
You are right. Human values are an integral part of the book. Thank you for commenting
Richard Azubike wrote: 26 Jun 2022, 06:38 Wow!!! The title of the book got my attention so I must read it. I will be adding to my book to read. Thanks for your review
I agree with you the title is absorbing. Thank you for stopping by
Kyrian007 wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 02:24 I was drawn to the review because of the book's cover, and I'm impressed by how well it has been received. I'm excited to read the book. I appreciate your positive review.
Thank you Kyrian. I am sure you'll enjoy it just like I did
Shifah HN wrote: 29 Jun 2022, 14:46 The title and the book cover is what captivate me the most. Great review.
They are attractive indeed. Thank you for commenting
Ellylion wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 07:30 I believe that it a very engaging read for fans of the fantasy genre. I am sure that young readers will benefit from reading a book with such profound characters :) Thank you for a great review!
Thank you Ellylion for always stopping by. I really appreciate your support :D
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

From my experience, this book is going to be a great read. The title and cover picture are captivating. Thanks for this wonderful review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I might be too old for this type of story but this seems like a well-constructed novel with a complexity that might make it enjoyable to adults as well. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”