Review of H2LiftShips - Beyond Luna

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Review of H2LiftShips - Beyond Luna

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "H2LiftShips - Beyond Luna" by Bob Freeman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

H2LiftShips - Beyond Luna by Bob Freeman is a science fiction that is centered around the science, mode of operation, and crew of spaceships. The H2LiftShip is described with finesse; the reader easily obtains a vivid picture of the spacecraft. Throughout the story, we are immersed in the activities of three spaceships: The LunaCola, The Bina'sBeans, and The BlackHornet. The world created by Bob is filled with different genetically engineered species that all co-exist in Mars, Earth, the Moon, and the Asteroid colonies. The reader is immersed in the lives of the crew members of all the ships, which are made up of different genetically engineered species, with different backgrounds and very different personalities.

The spaceships are on different paths, however, the lives of the crews of the three ships are intertwined. The captains of the three ships used to be family. At some point, the head of the family(Mykolas) was abandoned. He is now seeking revenge. Does Mykolas get his revenge? Bob takes us on a journey that would surprise even the most attentive of readers.

For science fiction books to be successful, it requires a lot of description. Bob does not fail to deliver in this aspect. The spacecraft, planets, cosmos, and characters are described with a lot of finesse. This helps the reader to have a clear image of the world being portrayed in this book. Bob's narrative technique was superb. It felt as if I was practically in their world as I read this book. The author made good use of dialogue in this book. The conversations between the characters felt original and genuine even though they occurred between genetically engineered species. The characters are well developed, and the relationships between them are believable. Despite the need for the use of technical language, Bob used very simple diction that makes it easy to understand and enjoy.

I found some negative aspects as well. Bob fails to create enough conflict and tension in this book. There is no narrative hold at the beginning of the story to effectively engage the interest of the reader. The resolution of the story is disappointing. For instance, we are not told what happened to the characters after Mykolas lost the wager. Finally, I found some grammatical errors in this book.

I rate H2LiftShips - Beyond Luna 3 out of 4 stars. I did not rate it higher because the author failed to engage the reader throughout the book. Some readers may get bored as they read the book. I did not rate it lower because this is still an enjoyable read. I recommend this book to lovers of science fiction. People who love reading books on science would find this book interesting.

H2LiftShips - Beyond Luna
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

I wonder how it feels like riding the H2LiftShips or any of the three other ships. Reading your review made me want to read to book as well. Thanks for a wonderful review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite the flaws you pointed out, this seems like a novel that can be interesting in many ways with great fantasy in telling about space travel and species produced by genetic engineering. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”