The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Re: The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Post by Monet_va »

I loved this book! Was slightly disappointed by the movie but am still eager to read the rest of the series. Great Review!
Jake7542
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Jake7542 »

The first impression I got after having read this book, let alone the series, was that it was perfect movie material and the author was able to successfully integrate jump scares as well as the suspense that you would feel and experience through audio-visual stimulus. I can't say that the plot was in any way predictable personally as there were a couple of surprises and plot twists which were able to keep the reader on edge. Overall, I was taken aback by the series and how different it was and original in its plot.
Monica1166
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Monica1166 »

When I first started reading the Maze Runner it was okay but the farther I got the harder it was to stay interested. I’m sure it was a good book for most just not for me.
Gregory777

Post by Gregory777 »

I think this book was interesting, it was different from the movie but it had its twists and some parts I didn’t see coming even though I saw the movie!!! It is a good read but it drags things out a little. I would recommend it if you like jumping in your mind and also like guessing what is going to happen before it does, I liked it. You might to so you should read it!
angelita_recart
Currently Reading:

Post by angelita_recart »

When I first started reading Maze Runner thought it was gonna be just like any other teenager books but I actually got surprised more than once by the trama and by the way is written. I actually never thought I could liked it as much as other books but now I’m a big fan if you ask me.
I also watched the movie when I finished reading the serie but I was very disappointed because they change lots of things and I think is not fair for the author. The book and the movie has nothing to do so I truly recommend to read!
Brick322_

Post by Brick322_ »

Such a good read, if you ever have the chance to read such a phenomenal book take that chance. I took my time to read this book, I didn't wanna read it too quick or too slow because it caught my eye. Plus the movie is a really good one as well, but i recommend reading the book because of how immersed you will be. TRUST ME READ IT
:D :D :D
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

A huge number of characters died in the books, some of them my favorite. It's so sad.
lwahls2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lwahls2.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by lwahls2 »

Great review. You captured the main points of the book very well. I liked the first book in this series but the later ones got to be a bit much. Things were twisted around and I felt the spirit of the first book was lost.
Laura Martin

“Because when you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worthwhile.”
― Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
streetsolo
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-streetsolo.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by streetsolo »

This is a great review! I read the first book but was never really into the first book so I never continued with the series.
"Your progress flows from where your focus goes."
-Sydney Cummings
prachi29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prachi29.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by prachi29 »

I have already read it and after the third book in the series, I got bored and stopped reading.
KQu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kqu.html
Latest Review: Inferno Dawn by Jacob Emrey

Post by KQu »

It was the third book that lost me. I enjoyed the first and second, but the third one was too far gone. I loved the first one, escaping from the maze. Had great potential.
Dr D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-d.html
Latest Review: The Internet President: None of the Above by P.G. Sundling
Reading Device: B07QCCW5KB

Post by Dr D »

I read this book last summer. And it has been by far my worst addicted one. I completed the book in one day itself, reading for nearly 13 hours straight. And boy, that was a good time. In your review it seems you copied some good lines from the book itself.
Dr D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-d.html
Latest Review: The Internet President: None of the Above by P.G. Sundling
Reading Device: B07QCCW5KB

Post by Dr D »

Monet_va wrote: 07 Jul 2019, 11:27 I loved this book! Was slightly disappointed by the movie but am still eager to read the rest of the series. Great Review!
The movie changed the plot a little. It was what took the shine from the movie. I was so excited to watch it. But the movie did not live up to standards.
eratherton
Currently Reading: Long ships
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eratherton.html
Latest Review: Danger in Plain Sight by Burt Weissbourd

Post by eratherton »

Great review, I loved the book, although I read it a while ago now! I felt so drawn to the characters and compelling story. I loved how the mystery kept me on my toes, it's not often a book keeps me guessing as much. Highly recommend!
Carina Jordaan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carina-jordaan.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Carina Jordaan »

Movies normally do not include all the scenes of a book and a lot of times the viewer will not have the full context of a character or specific scene.

I have only seen the movies and thought it was amazing. After reading all the posts, I'm very excited to read the books.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”