Official Review: The Roar of a Dragon by Robert Blanchard

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Official Review: The Roar of a Dragon by Robert Blanchard

Post by Fliesie01 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Roar of a Dragon" by Robert Blanchard.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever felt like you did not belong in your current situation? That you are destined for more or bigger things? That is the way Aidan felt in this world where dragons, wizards or sorcerers, elves, and the dwarves exist. Stuck in the dept of his father’s land, Aidan thought he would work on the farm for the rest of his life. But one day, his fate change when a situation presented itself, and Aidan had to defend himself.

The Roar of a Dragon is a wholesome story that surprised me with the twist and turns. When you think this book is predictable, the author Robert Blanchard takes a turn everything changes. Aidan had big dreams that were trampled by unfair circumstances, but he gets a chance for redemption and makes lifelong friends along the way.

What I liked most about this book is the storyline. It was fun to read and had me captivated from the start. The characters are exciting, fun, and a little humorous. Aidan’s character is my favorite. He is humble, kind, and heroic. The writing style is another thing I enjoyed a lot. Blanchard did a great job with his word choices. There is a lot more to the story and unfinished business. I was thrilled to see an epilogue at the end of the book, meaning that there is a second book, so there will be answers. There was nothing I did not like about this book.

I rate The Roar of a Dragon 4 out 4 stars. There were no errors that I saw. The book is exceptionally edited. There are no erotic scenes in the book, and the profanity is borderline. There are two books combined into one. The first book is all about Aidan’s first part of his journey to becoming a hero. It is about his childhood, his mother, his father, and a situation that changed everything. The second book is about the second part of his journey, with changes to his appearance and new friends out on a mission to save the kingdom.

I would recommend this book to fantasy readers; this book took me to another world. It is perfect for the whole family to read along. The war scenes are not too descriptive and will not be giving anyone nightmares. This is a wholesome book that warmed my heart at some parts. I highly recommend this book. Even if you don’t like war stories, this one will get you, and you will love every minute of it.

The Roar of a Dragon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
Dartemis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dartemis.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by Dartemis »

You have my interest, especially the part about not being predictable. I might check this out. Thank you for your wonderful review.
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

Lately, I have been reading a lot of fantasy books, and this one will definitely end up on my to-read list! From your description, it seems a very captivating reading. Nice one!
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

It will make a good read for young adults. We all sometimes feel that we are meant for something greater. Great review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel seems to have some classic premises that are well developed for an engaging start of a series I'll look into. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I was sold right there at the beginning when you said dragons, wizards, sorcerers, elves and dwarves. I'm big on fantasy series. Thank you for your great review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”