Official Review: Sylvan Elf Chronicles, Kaleen the Discov...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Official Review: Sylvan Elf Chronicles, Kaleen the Discov...

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sylvan Elf Chronicles, Kaleen the Discovery" by Christianne M Van Keuren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is not straightforward, but Kaleen’s life is a lot more than slightly bent. Her entire existence was put under question, and her true identity placed her life in danger. She must learn to hone abilities in herself that she had just discovered, trust people she had just met, make alliances, and identify her enemies because the destiny of the whole race depends on her. Such a burden was heavy for a young shoulder.

However, this path was not hers alone, as she would walk with Draymus and Bertie. The whole race would unite against one common enemy that had caused destruction and would end all lives if not stopped.

Sylvan Elf Chronicles: Kaleen The Discovery by Christianne Van Keuren is a fictional book filled with thrills of adventure, magic, and creatures that exist in our imaginations. I was constantly enraptured by the author’s descriptive skill throughout this book. I saw how Kaleen enjoyed the outdoors, and the words used to create the atmosphere had me feeling like I was right there in the scene, and I could also perceive the scents. This feature was one positive aspect of the book.

The author’s ability to enchant her readers with vivid descriptions of the book’s setting awakened my imagination, and it also fueled my eagerness to finish the story. What I liked most about the book was the fact that the protagonist was a female. The author introduced her as a bubbly, sweet, and smart child. I loved the role that she finally played in the development of the plot.

What I disliked about the book was that while other characters were fully developed and understood. I felt that just as much as we had a background of most of the key characters in the book, such as Kaleen and Lynerin, Nalas could have been explained as well. As this was book one, it would be the foundation for the other books. It would be helpful if readers understand the characters before proceeding to the next book.

Also, I wouldn't say I liked the way the book was concluded. For example, chapter twenty-three seemed to introduce another chapter, but I discovered that I had reached an abrupt end. For me, the conclusion of the book was too sudden. This was what I thought was negative about the book.

I enjoyed many aspects of the book. I found some errors in the book, which did not disturb my reading experience. Therefore, I concluded that this book appeared to be edited professionally. Hence, I rate this book four out of four stars. I recommend this book to adults who enjoy science-fiction novels.

Sylvan Elf Chronicles, Kaleen the Discovery
View: on Bookshelves
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I’m definitely adding this to my to-read list. I’m interested to know what kind of abilities Kaleen has and their role in the plot. Thanks for the intriguing review!
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

This seems like an interesting start to a fantasy series. Thanks for the nice review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Maybe I'm a bit old for this novel but it seems to have well constructed plot and characters, so it's certainly a great series for teenagers and young adults. Thank you for your terrific review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the fact that the characters are very well designed. Thanks for the good review.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This book is right up my alley. I love all things magic. Thank you for your great review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”