Official Review: Coronavirus: An Alien or an Ancient Virus?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Official Review: Coronavirus: An Alien or an Ancient Virus?

Post by Menace Crypto »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Coronavirus: An Alien or an Ancient Virus?" by Multiple Authors.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Masterpiece is what comes to mind when searching for words to describe this wonderful book. Coronavirus: An Alien or an Ancient Virus? is a combination of six sci-fi/fantasy stories written by multiple authors. The six authors are Dimitra Papanastasopoulou, Gina Psarri, Konstantinos Anyfantis, Isavella Ziova, Nikos Dafnis, and Sokratis Bouzoukas.

The first story, TERROR ON EARTH, talks about two secret organizations named Auros and Faust using a virus as a tool for exercising supremacy. The two organizations have different agendas, but none concerns the well-being of the masses. LIKE AN UNANNOUNCED TEST is a story narrated by Melanthia. After going through a divorce, she meets and falls in love with Thiseas only for an unknown virus to place a barrier between them. DIARY OF CHAOS is a journal of an Archeology Professor, Mr. Antoniou, who led an excavation to China. He hoped to prove his theory that Greeks had settled in China 2,500 years before the arrival of Marco Polo. He was able to find evidence to support his theory, but this evidence also brought forth an ancient virus. THE THEORY OF ASHES tells the tale of an unknown alien group with subordinates carrying out their requests on earth. They release a deadly virus to reduce the world population, feed off the negative energy, and control what would be left of the human population. THE LAST CRY OF THE BAT QUEEN is a story that details Massimo Visconti’s experience in a world where a bat queen is worshipped for keeping them safe from the disease that plagues other worlds. Finally, ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A VIRUS, talks about how Konstantinos tries to deal with a virus sent to earth from outer space by unknown individuals.

I was fascinated by the structuring of this book. I’ve read some books which comprised of different stories, but none that was so organized. The authors did a good job of organizing their ideas. The way the stories related to the title was also perfect. I advise readers to take into consideration that this is a work of fiction when relating it to the actual virus that plagued the world. In TERROR ON EARTH, the virus is expressed as man-made, LIKE AN UNANNOUNCED TEST portrays it as an unknown, DIARY OF CHAOS expresses it as an ancient virus, THE THEORY OF ASHES and ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A VIRUS expresses it as an alien virus, while THE LAST CRY OF THE BAT QUEEN suggests it’s somewhat magical. The six stories were very compelling. It had several twists and turns as well as enough suspense to keep you guessing. The inclusion of zombie-like individuals in DIARY OF CHAOS and mind-controlled individuals in ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A VIRUS was fascinating. I also love the magical view of the virus as expressed in THE LAST CRY OF THE BAT QUEEN.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. Anytime I read a book that consists of more than five stories, I usually find one that seems substandard or less thrilling when compared to the others. But in this case, I can hardly pick a favorite story. If I were to choose a favorite story, it would be THE LAST CRY OF THE BAT QUEEN. I enjoyed the story very much. I think it was the magical concept that made it more fascinating to me. The only thing I found questionable in the book was how the professor in DIARY OF CHAOS avoided contracting the virus. The book explained why he didn’t contract it, but I didn’t find it plausible. Given the circumstances and conditions of the excavation, I think a more plausible scientific explanation would simply have been to say that he had some sort of resistance or immunity to the virus. The character I liked most was Eric in THE THEORY OF ASHES. The character I detested most was the professor in DIARY OF CHAOS, he was truly self-centered.

I only found a few errors, which shows that it was professionally edited. The book had excellent characterization. The authors writing style was superb and engaging. The words used for descriptions were simple and able to create a vivid Image in the mind of the reader, so I’m rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of sci-fi and fantasy-based stories.

Coronavirus: An Alien or an Ancient Virus?
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure I want to read stories connected to the coronavirus right now, but this collection seems to show a lot of fantasy in the authors' science fiction / fantasy interpretations of the subject. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

There are many different beliefs concerning the coronavirus. However, I appreciate these thoughts and think this review is thorough and complete. I , unfortunately am not sure I will want to read this yet. I was happy to read this great review though.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”