Official Review: Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of De...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1901
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of De...

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of Destiny' by Richard Siddoway is a full-length description of the fantasy tale! Both the story and the points relevant to the book have been explained in great detail in the review! The reviewer's reactions to the book are interesting to read! Nice to learn that the reviewer enjoyed reading the description of the locations and the map at the beginning pages showing all the territories mentioned in the story! Reading the review was a fun way for me to learn new words and complex sentences in English!
Higher25
Currently Reading: Daily Pulse: the rhythm of the Tao
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-higher25.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Higher25 »

It's not often you come across adventurous stories. The struggle for power both in kingship and politics will continue forever as long as greed and selfishness exist. Amidst war and other vices, some opposition can go to length to sabotage even something good that may benefit the entire populace. This story fits that situation perfectly. What can we say. We can only observe. Great review, congrats on being BOTD.
:D I believe in love
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

This book seems very interesting and adventurous! Definitely going to read this one. Thank you for your wonderful review.🙂
AJ_Williams011
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aj-williams011.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by AJ_Williams011 »

This seems like an interesting book. I love books dated in pre-historic past as it always seemed alluring to me. Considering this as "the best book of the year" is definitely an upvote on my to-read list. Gore doesn't really bother me but I appreciate that this review informed me of such contents as sometimes, it still takes me aback. Thank you for the great review!
All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm.
– Margo Roth Spiegelman in Paper Towns
monicamu
Currently Reading: Wings Over Ghost Creek
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monicamu.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by monicamu »

I haven't come across a good fantasy in a while,but, from the review, this seems like a particularly well-crafted example of the genre. At this time of year,I'm on the look-out forsuitable holiday gifts and I think this will do nicely formynephews. I'll have to read it first to make sure,naturally. :wink2: Thanks for the review.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Eunice Geres »

I like that the author wrote it from a third-person point of view. That kind of writing style adds an air of unexpectedness and complexity to the characters' flow of thought.
TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: The Jewels Of The Rainbow by H.F. Snyder

Post by TCG »

I'm one of the readers that are allergic to gory scenes; I'll skip this one. But the story is an adventurous one. Great review.
D3R3ZZ3D
Currently Reading: Star Wars
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d3r3zz3d.html
Latest Review: Blessed in the Midst of the Storm by Monique Lynelle

Post by D3R3ZZ3D »

This book sounds very promising. I like going on fantasy adventures with a team, so I became interested right away. It's refreshing to hear that there is no profane or foul language as well. I can handle a bit of violence if it serves to tell the story. Most maps I find in fantasy novels are more confusing than helpful. However, it sounds like this one fared better. Well edited, good suspense, and clear descriptions, I'm game! I'll add this to my list to check out. Thank you for your review and the rad recommendation.
Numbers 6:24-26
Zechariah 4:6
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I don't mind a bit of gore, and the fantasy ''quest' story is a trope I always enjoy. Add to that the fact that the author has already written bestsellers and I think I'm convinced! Although I've never really found maps at the front of the book helpful, I'm willing to give it a go. I love that you outlined the high points of the book. Great Review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Tochukwu Godson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-godson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tochukwu Godson »

Prince Abadon seems to be the villain of the story. I'm itching to find out how he was overthrown. But this review is generally well written. Thanks.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

A nice plot written eloquently using great talent and skills in creative writing - this sounds like a wonderful read. Thank you for the recommendation!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

This looks like a good fantasy book. The review intrigued me. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I loved how it swings immediately into action, from the pages I sampled. I am not so much into fantasy novels, so I'll have to pass this one. Thank you for a thorough review
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

Wow, sounds like a literary masterpiece! The world building sounds something akin to Game of Thrones. I think this read is right up my alley. Thank you so much for your well-written review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe - Marcus Aurelius
rohakhan123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rohakhan123 »

For an honest review, i really liked the book. it has a great plot and the way everything is described is on the another level. secondly, the way you have explained it all makes me all the more excited. i will definitely recommend this fantasy book to the readers!!!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”