Official Review: The First to Forgive by Daniel Dydek

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Official Review: The First to Forgive by Daniel Dydek

Post by Tonika632 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The First to Forgive" by Daniel Dydek.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Catie, a young woman full of love, is standing in a crowd and watching an execution. It is not just somebody she knew that is about to die: it is her husband. Three days ago, he was firmly walking towards her, preparing to say the word that will tie them together, and now, he is taking his last steps.

What would you do if you were Catie?

Catie is a stubborn girl, and she is ready to take down Roth Kamdellan, the man who killed her husband. She has planned everything, but it is hard to get to Roth. His guards always recognize her, and she has to choose between life or death. After she was banished from the town of Akervet Brodlek, Catie slept in the snow, dreaming of her late husband. Strange noise and a piercing orange light woke her from her dreams. She did not know that the adventure awaited her.

The First to Forgive by Daniel Dydek is an amazing book that contains a mix of sci-fi and fantasy elements. I enjoyed every single page of this book. I thought this would be some boring and unoriginal story, but I was wrong. I couldn't put this book down. The characters are well-developed, and I was able to feel their emotions through the descriptions. The author described the scenery so well that I had a feeling like I was there with the characters. The author did a great job, and I loved it.

This is the second book of The Triumvirs series. The First to Forgive can stand alone since there are a few sentences at the beginning of each chapter that lead the reader through the story.

I have found no profane words in the book. There are no erotic scenes in the book, but there are a few graphic scenes that are not too explicit.

This book seems to be edited professionally. I have found just a few punctuation errors while reading it, but those errors didn't affect my reading experience.

To sum everything up, I am giving this book 4 out of 4 stars. I loved everything about it. It carries a beautiful story with a powerful message.

This book is suitable for those who enjoy sci-fi and fantasy stories. I would not recommend this book to young readers since there are a few scenes that are not appropriate for them. This book is also not suitable for those who don't like any kind of fiction.

The First to Forgive
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
HusainNecklace52
Favorite Book: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Currently Reading: A History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husainnecklace52.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by HusainNecklace52 »

Thank you for a great review! :D
Fernando222
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernando222.html
Latest Review: If Only by Elaine Blick

Post by Fernando222 »

This book portrays tragedy, agony, and regret. I don't know if I can stand the many incidents involved in this story. Your review is quite detailed.
LiLj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilj.html
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Post by LiLj »

This book sounds like a great fantasy/revenge story, thank you for your detailed review and I can't wait to read this book!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The premises didn't seem exactly original, so it's great to see that their development made the novel interesting. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your terrific review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

I'm a fan of sci-fi and fantasy reads. This story sounds like a riveting one. Thanks for this great review!
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

The title and the cover already gripped my attention. It was fun reading your review.
Sunchris01
Favorite Book: So This Is Love
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Sunchris01 »

I would say this is power of love,i have to read the book to know how catie go about to take down Roth Kamdellan
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

What would I do if I were Catie? That was a challenging question. If I was in her shoes, I sure wouldn't know what to do when my husband gets killed after just a few days into marriage. Such a brave and courageous woman who would do anything for love! Your review is entertaining as always!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”