Official Review: Jake's Dragon by Riano McFarland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Re: Official Review: Jake's Dragon by Riano McFarland

Post by AvidBibliophile »

JM Reviews wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 02:56 I'd like to read more about Jake, and how his talents kept her occupied. Nice review.
Jake is a very talented and gifted young man. I greatly enjoyed joining him on his adventures with his dog-dragon!
Koltrast
Currently Reading: The Eye of Illumination
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koltrast.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Koltrast »

Wow, you are a really good writer! Your review flowed wonderfully.

This also seems like a book I'd really enjoy. Dragons? Check. Support animals? Check. Introverted main character? check again. It goes right to my to-read list. Thank you!
"Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?"
- The Sound of Music
AvidBibliophile

Koltrast wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 03:57 Wow, you are a really good writer! Your review flowed wonderfully.

This also seems like a book I'd really enjoy. Dragons? Check. Support animals? Check. Introverted main character? check again. It goes right to my to-read list. Thank you!
Haha, we have a similar sort of checklist then! And thank you for the super sweet words of support, they mean the world. :) I hope you get the chance to meet Jake and his dragon someday! Appreciate you reading and commenting.
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

I love fantasy novels, and this one sounds like what I'll really enjoy. I like it that the author's storytelling ability is pure enchantment. Thanks this great review!
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
AvidBibliophile

J_odoyo wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 06:19 I love fantasy novels, and this one sounds like what I'll really enjoy. I like it that the author's storytelling ability is pure enchantment. Thanks this great review!
Thanks so much, and I’m beginning to really admire and appreciate fantasy novels too. The magical vibes and enchantment make the pages come to life!
[MagicDragonInc]
Currently Reading: Dagger's Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magicdragoninc.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by [MagicDragonInc] »

This is an incredible review! My first book with dragons was the famous Eragon series and I truly fell in love with the grandeur and mystical wonder around dragons. I've been searching for a decent dragon book ever since I read the series (about 10 years ago now!) and I think this one might be next! Thank you for your wonderful review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Wow, I believe this book is beyond amazing! I especially loved that it make an emphasis on oceanic preservation. I would read it indeed. Thank you so much for this great review! :)
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

Finally, a stereotype breaker where dragons are not portrayed as ferocious but rather as a friend and a guide. Perfect for kids growing up, which I highly recommend to teach them about confidence, kindness and nature preservation.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
AvidBibliophile

[MagicDragonInc] wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 14:48 This is an incredible review! My first book with dragons was the famous Eragon series and I truly fell in love with the grandeur and mystical wonder around dragons. I've been searching for a decent dragon book ever since I read the series (about 10 years ago now!) and I think this one might be next! Thank you for your wonderful review!
Their grandeur and mystical wonder (and loyal kindness - at least in this story) absolutely captured my heart too! I’ve honestly never been much of a fantasy or sci-fi reader, but over the past year, I’ve given many unfamiliar genres a try... and have been pleasantly surprised! I also commend this author’s writing style because he has the ability to make childhood sorts of topics and imaginations seem captivatingly mature. Plus, adorable dog! Thank you so very much for your interest and feedback.
AvidBibliophile

Ellylion wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 07:44 Wow, I believe this book is beyond amazing! I especially loved that it make an emphasis on oceanic preservation. I would read it indeed. Thank you so much for this great review! :)
The eco-conscious/sustainable farming practices/ocean preservation aspects caught me by surprise, but I was so pleased to encounter them throughout this story! They added a realistic quality to the fantasy perspective, and it all flowed smoothly together. I hope you get the chance to read it! Thank you for the kind comment.
AvidBibliophile

Usma Khann wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 09:47 Finally, a stereotype breaker where dragons are not portrayed as ferocious but rather as a friend and a guide. Perfect for kids growing up, which I highly recommend to teach them about confidence, kindness and nature preservation.🌸
Most definitely! And this scaly giant is both ferocious AND adorably demure, depending on the situation. Plus, no one can see his true dragon form unless he wants them to. I think kids would just love it - I know I did. :)
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

This sounds like a wonderfully written and compelling story. Thanks for the great review!
AvidBibliophile

Mbrooks2518 wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 22:52 This sounds like a wonderfully written and compelling story. Thanks for the great review!
I highly recommend this one! Such a heartwarming tale of imagination, comfort, adventure, and mystery. Appreciate your kind words!
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

Amazing review! The story seems intriguing: I might take a peek.
AvidBibliophile

Tonika632 wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 08:22 Amazing review! The story seems intriguing: I might take a peek.
Ooh, I hope you do. You might even come eye-to-eye with a dragon blinking back at you! Thanks so much for the comment :)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”