Official Review: Jake's Dragon by Riano McFarland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
fem fad
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 17

Re: Official Review: Jake's Dragon by Riano McFarland

Post by fem fad »

I love much about dragons. It makes me believe more about dragons though it's a friction
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

The title of the book was quite captivating. Dragons have always been fascinating creatures and the book seems promising to increase that interest.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Priyanka2304 wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 10:06 The title of the book was quite captivating. Dragons have always been fascinating creatures and the book seems promising to increase that interest.
I had never been much of a fantasy reader prior to this last year, but I have discovered that dragon tales delight me immensely! Captivating and fascinating down to every fiery breath and iridescent scale, so I’m glad to hear you take a special interest in them too.
Cocaine_network
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cocaine_network »

Im not gonna lie Jakes Dragon seeems like a really good fantasy novel which many kids are going to relate with it . I hope they can make it as a film that will be super great
. I liked the part that the Dragon could shape shift into A dog thats pretty dope if you ask me .
AvidBibliophile

Cocaine_network wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 11:17 Im not gonna lie Jakes Dragon seeems like a really good fantasy novel which many kids are going to relate with it . I hope they can make it as a film that will be super great
. I liked the part that the Dragon could shape shift into A dog thats pretty dope if you ask me .
I believe many kids would be mesmerized by such a dog/dragon tale! I agree that it possesses the potential to become cinematically divine.
rwalkup
Currently Reading: The Copper Gauntlet
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwalkup.html
Latest Review: E&N Escape by P.N.Holland

Post by rwalkup »

I really enjoy the way you described this book. I'll definitely put it on my list!
AvidBibliophile

rwalkup wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 18:35 I really enjoy the way you described this book. I'll definitely put it on my list!
Thanks so much! I hope you get a chance to enjoy the magic too. Appreciate your comment and visit!
Echez_
Currently Reading: Totto-chan, the Little Girl at the Window
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echez.html
Latest Review: The Blue Sea Monster by Norma Fleagane, James Fleagane, Blake James Ward

Post by Echez_ »

Wow, what an interesting plot, Jake and the dragon communicating for a guy who doesn't talk much. I'm already curious about this character. I really like how the author seem to develop the character. One of the good reviews I have read, Nice!
AvidBibliophile

Echez_ wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 21:11 Wow, what an interesting plot, Jake and the dragon communicating for a guy who doesn't talk much. I'm already curious about this character. I really like how the author seem to develop the character. One of the good reviews I have read, Nice!
It was an interesting and entertaining plot for sure, and the communicative talents were really captivating! Thanks so much for stopping by to read and comment. :dragon:
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

Jake sounds like an amazing main character, and it seems like he goes through a great character development throughout the story. The author seems very talented and it seems like the reader is able to learn a lot from the story. Thank you for the recommendation.
AvidBibliophile

Ashley-Osuna wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 00:32 Jake sounds like an amazing main character, and it seems like he goes through a great character development throughout the story. The author seems very talented and it seems like the reader is able to learn a lot from the story. Thank you for the recommendation.
Jake truly underwent such an emotional maturation and transformation throughout this story! He’s an entirely confident and independent new man moving into the sequel novel. This is 1 of 2 books I’ve now read by this author and I was equally impressed by both! Hope you get the chance to experience them sometime. :dragon: Thanks for your comment!
Mollylovesliteracy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollylovesliteracy.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Mollylovesliteracy »

This was such a captivating review that it has me wondering how captivating the story is too! The story truly seems like it can open up the imagination of even the most closed-minded person. I also laughed at the idea of a 100-year-old mighty dragon shapeshifting into a tiny Chihuahua. This seems like a great book to read together as a family because the review mentions how appropriate and fun it is for all ages.
AvidBibliophile

Mollylovesliteracy wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 22:40 This was such a captivating review that it has me wondering how captivating the story is too! The story truly seems like it can open up the imagination of even the most closed-minded person. I also laughed at the idea of a 100-year-old mighty dragon shapeshifting into a tiny Chihuahua. This seems like a great book to read together as a family because the review mentions how appropriate and fun it is for all ages.
Aww, well thank you! I’m so elated that you found as much enjoyment in my review as I did in the book itself. :heart:
The story begins with a special boy doing typical summer solo activities, and then oh my goodness... a Dragon/Dog appears?! :dragon::dog:
I couldn’t put it down after that. I’m so glad that I’ve given the fantasy genre and dragons a chance this past year because I’ve been truly delighted by the results. Hope you get the chance to read it sometime too!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”