Official Review: Presence by L.J. Branch

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lala-f
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Featured Official Review: Presence by L.J. Branch

Post by Lala-f »

Great review on the book! I think this book would be very interesting to read. Great wording and defining of it.
Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doziesixtus.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Doziesixtus »

I believe it's normal for an action book to be fast-paced.
Thanks for the review.
Abhyarna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarna.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Abhyarna »

ALynnPowers wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 23:11 I don't usually comment on my own reviews (anymore), but I feel like I have to say one thing:
note how I never actually directly said that this is an LGBT book? I did that on purpose. Although the main love interests were both female, I felt like that wasn't really relevant to the story as a whole. It's completely normal and didn't require any more attention than any other relationship would have required.
I hope I am not digging a hole for myself by saying this -- but some of the greatest books I've ever read have contained LGBT characters and I feel like reviewers/critics focus too much on their sexual orientation and not on the important parts of the story.

And I love the way the author represented the LGBT characters in the story, as well. Guess what? They were regular people (okay, well, some of them weren't, but no spoilers!) ...
You have very beautifully mentioned that the book's focus is not LGBT relationship. I see that many of us are looking forward to a book that focusses on LGBT issues. I think our society requires more time to identify such relations as any other relations existing in society. Probably we are curious, as we do not see many LGBT couples around us.

Well, you providing clarity on your review is commendable.
Imstaci-1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imstaci-1.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Imstaci-1 »

I have never really been a fun of READING sci-fi novels. I much prefer to watch it come alive on a screen. I've been looking for a good one to read but given this review I think it's a little too soon for me to read this one. Coupled with the pace and complexities in the plot, the multiple errors detected might also add to my frustration. Thank you for the review. I'm sure a sci-fi loving audience will enjoy this one.
Tinza_1245
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Tinza_1245 »

I would like the get my hands on this book, I'm a film director so it would be interesting to check it out, thanks for the written review!
YJ9+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yj9.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by YJ9+ »

The review gave a very good overview on this book and somehow the animation, Alita:Battle Angel came to my mind since it is action packed. I am curious about the ending.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Tinza_1245 wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 22:19 I would like the get my hands on this book, I'm a film director so it would be interesting to check it out, thanks for the written review!
Whoa, this book would make a great movie!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”