Official Review: The Evolutionite Chronicles Book Four

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReneeBrown
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneelu1998.html
Latest Review: the brave and the wicked by Brandon clarke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: The Evolutionite Chronicles Book Four

Post by ReneeBrown »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Evolutionite Chronicles Book Four" by Timothy P. Callahan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Evolutionite Chronicles Book Four by Timothy P. Callahan is an action-packed novel revolving around two brothers, Tanaka and Daniel, who have superpowers and must use their powers for good to protect the world. Tanaka, also known as Dagger, has the ability to teleport to any location he has been to previously or to any place he has enough of a mental image to remember vividly. His brother Daniel, also known as Shadow Ninja, can read people’s emotions and thoughts based on his hypersensitive senses. I thought that the superpowers of the two brothers were unique and I also found it interesting how helpful these seemingly simple powers were. I liked the ways they utilized their powers and how they united to attempt to stop the bad guy from making powerful and dangerous weapons that would put the world in jeopardy.

This is the fourth book in the series but it can easily be read as a stand-alone book because the characters and premise are introduced sufficiently enough so the reader doesn’t feel lost or confused. Since it is the fourth book in the series, the characters are already skilled in their powers. I enjoyed reading the book from this perspective because instead of focusing on the backstory of how they got their powers or getting used to them, the reader is able to experience the characters as experienced crime-fighters.

The aspect I enjoyed most about this book was the realistic dialogue and sequence of events. No aspect of this book felt forced or fake. The organization of the plot was very well done and the story moved along at a perfect pace. The aspect of the book I liked the least was that the element of danger and risk was very low. The two main characters are the kind of guys you want to root for and you want them to win, but the bad guy just wasn’t that menacing or dangerous. In order for the heroes to win, it didn’t seem like it would take that much effort.

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I have to give it less than 4 stars because there were several grammatical errors that were distracting. I feel it deserves three stars because of the reasons mentioned earlier and because it is overall very well-written.

I would recommend this book to people who enjoy books about superheroes. This book is appropriate for most ages since it contains very little descriptions of violence and only small amounts of mild swearing. Based on the plot and cover of the book, I would say this book is aimed at a young teenage audience. It is also a fairly quick read, so I would suggest it to anyone looking for a casual yet engaging read.

The Evolutionite Chronicles Book Four
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

This must be a very engaging piece. I admire Daniel, I wish I could read people's mind as he does. This is a good review.
DonLallier1938
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DonLallier1938 »

I liked your review it gave me enough information to decide if I might want to read the book my self. Considering my age and experience I think I would pass as a book I would want to read. Excellent review as far as I am concerned.
Don
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

From what you write this novel really seems targeted mostly to young readers, so I might be too old for it, and it seems a good choice for reader of that range. Thank you for your informative review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

Thanks for reviewing! I always try to keep an eye out for books in series that can be read as standalone! Most of the books in libraries are part of incomplete series and I never know what to borrow!
ReneeBrown
Currently Reading:

Post by ReneeBrown »

Cynthia_Oluchi wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 15:23 This must be a very engaging piece. I admire Daniel, I wish I could read people's mind as he does. This is a good review.
I really liked Daniel in this book too! Thanks for the comment!
ReneeBrown
Currently Reading:

Post by ReneeBrown »

Tavaiel26 wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 03:32 Thanks for reviewing! I always try to keep an eye out for books in series that can be read as standalone! Most of the books in libraries are part of incomplete series and I never know what to borrow!
Sometimes it is hard to commit to a whole series. This one can read on its own for sure. Thanks for the comment!
ReneeBrown
Currently Reading:

Post by ReneeBrown »

NetMassimo wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 11:01 From what you write this novel really seems targeted mostly to young readers, so I might be too old for it, and it seems a good choice for reader of that range. Thank you for your informative review!
I would say its targeted for a younger audience. Still an engaging read though! Thanks for the comment!
ReneeBrown
Currently Reading:

Post by ReneeBrown »

DonLallier1938 wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 12:40 I liked your review it gave me enough information to decide if I might want to read the book my self. Considering my age and experience I think I would pass as a book I would want to read. Excellent review as far as I am concerned.
Don
Yes, I would say its targeted towards a younger audience. Thanks for the comment!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”