Official Review: Art Fairy by Floras Athena

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Re: Official Review: Art Fairy by Floras Athena

Post by Verna Coy »

Although I understand the points the author was trying to make about kids needing to be encouraged in the art world, I will pass on this book due to the violence against the child character in it. It's too bad there were alot of errors as well. Thank you for so detailed a review, it is much appreciated!
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

Although I understand the points the author was trying to make about kids needing to be encouraged in the art world, I will pass on this book due to the violence against the child character in it. It's too bad there were alot of errors as well. Thank you for so detailed a review, it is much appreciated!
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

I agree that the education system needs improvements, and I'm glad that this book highlights the story of a kid who stumbled across some obstacles that stood in his path to become a great musician. It seems to be an eye-opening and unique premise. Great review! Thank you!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

The story of a kid who wants to become a great musician sounds interesting. I really like the book's plot. The book also a has a beautiful cover!
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

Thank you for sharing your review with us. The sample pages felt somewhat jumbled and I couldn’t overlook the errors and profanity in such a short space of writing. I think I will give this one a pass.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

Finding refuge in art from bullying? That's really nice. Though it looks like a children's book, I added this to my to-read list.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Han26+
Currently Reading: The DC Comics Encyclopedia
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-han26.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Han26+ »

I agree with the author’s opinion on the education system hampering talent and creativity. I won’t be reading this book because the way it is written in the free sample is too strange for me to understand, it reads like it was translated from Japanese or something. Also I don’t read about abuse if I can help it.
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

This is a valuable book because of highlighting issues such as bullying in schools and the damaging effects it can have on a child's mental well being. Thanks for the review.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Poor Oris endures cruelty at home and in school. I am glad to know he will be rescued by the Art Fairy and brought to a happy world.

However, I have to agree that the author overuses metaphors. And the profanity is ridiculous! The book needs a major overhaul to make the story a more pleasant read.
Giets1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giets1.html
Latest Review: The United States of Opioids by Harry Nelson

Post by Giets1 »

I have to be honest, it was very hard to understand and follow the story because of the bad sentence construction and grammar. Although colorful, the metaphors, I have to agree, were too much. If it were not for the language, I think it could have been a very good book to read.
Lazael70

Post by Lazael70 »

This was a great work by the reviewer. He simplify the authors work by breaking it down, and at the end pointed out the strength and the weakness in the work. Though i haven't read this book yet, i will doubt some errors raised by the reviewer until i have this book read.
Nice work anyway.
Pearl Hijabi
Favorite Author: H M Irwing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-hijabi.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 1986

Post by Pearl Hijabi »

I agree with the review about the writing style. I really got lost in the sample pages as it was not much clear for me. But the concept used in the story is really something which every parent should think a little more about. The kids being pressured for grades and having no time for themselves to develop otherwise is a very sad but true incident happening today. Thank you for a great review.
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

Shabram22 wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 11:03 Sounds like a great book to escape reality a little with the help of fairies. Unfortunately, life can be that ugly sometimes and there are no fairies to rescue us from it. Thanks for a great review. I like the lessons the author tries to pint out.
You are absolutely right tthere are no fairies to fix such problems but parents' love can change a lot of thing. It won't eliminate the problems but would make the adversities of life milder for a kid.
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott
Bea_21
Currently Reading: House of Eire

Post by Bea_21 »

I like the idea of how a child pursue the passion they have despite the hurdles they are facing. Also, I think the book has a balance idea between fantasy and reality in a way that in order for our main character to 'live' and continue his dream with the help of the fairy there is a price to pay. It is both fantasy and reality because there is need of sacrifices to reach one dream.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I love blends of fantasy and reality. It’s always heartbreaking to be reminded of the fact that children can—and do—live through hardships like adults, especially if they are abused or bullied. Still, sometimes we need that kind of reminder so that we don’t forget about those children. We could also do with the reminder that not all children learn the same way and need different things from school to fulfill their potential wherever their talents and passions lie. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”