Official Review: Art Fairy by Floras Athena

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alya17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 612
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alya17.html
Latest Review: Rebecca's Adventure by Diana Johnson Narod

Re: Official Review: Art Fairy by Floras Athena

Post by Alya17 »

This is an excellent review. I found myself reading the sample and wanting to know more about the story, and the review really captures everything perfectly. I personally didn’t like the excessive use of profanity but it seems like a great message and overall story.
littlegems
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlegems.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by littlegems »

Thank you for your review. I, like some of the others, could not get past the first 4 pages because the language was so rough that I could not always understand what was being said. Your review gave me a little more information. I have to say, though, that I felt like the main message of your review was only about the first paragraph of the book, which I found disappointing. I feel like I only had to read the first paragraph of the story to know what the bulk of your review was about, so I didn't even need to read the rest of the book if it was just about the same thing. Maybe I didn't get the gist of what you were saying in your review, but I only read the first 4 pages and, from that, I felt like I got the whole message that I read in your review.
leareiler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leareiler.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by leareiler »

I am a big fan of greek mythology and as a recent high school graduate, I am also a strong believer in a change in the education system. This book seems very, very interesting, I will definitely check it out. Thank you for the review! :D
Clauvensky

Post by Clauvensky »

Thank goodness for your review because the opening pages were an absolute puzzle to me. Sentences were constructed very poorly in this, and when you mentioned metaphor and simile usage, I wholeheartedly agree. I got lost, and the message I think this author was trying to convey got lost. Thank you for further insight into the sad story of Oris. I think it’s an important one about not squelching creativity in kids, but the writing style is not for me.
Neelam15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neelam15.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Neelam15 »

Sounds like an interesting read. I am against the typical education system and upbringing methods of moulding the children into a ready made mould of parent's expectations.
Looking forward to reading it.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

I agree, kids should be living their life in childhood, not stuck in school being stressed out. I like that the author includes that. It sounds like an interesting read.
GatugiM
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatugim.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by GatugiM »

Thank you for this review. It sure sounds like an interesting read. I hate that schools put so much pressure on education and examinations that talents are left undiscovered.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This certainly has a different plot than one normally sees. I like the underlying theme. I think the author is right in that talents are not developed as much as they could be. Thanks for the well-written and informative review!
Reny94
Currently Reading: The Undeparted
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Reny94 »

Your review really got to me. I haven't read the book but I will definitely add it to my list. :)
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

Thanks for the review, knowing about the abuse before-hand means I will skip this book, But I am sure it's a great read for other people.
elechin_u
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by elechin_u »

As a reader myself ... This is captivating, not all are willing to give up on something in return to have a better and beautiful world to live in, I would definitely want to read more and excited to what would be the outcome of his actions.
Songjohn007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-songjohn007.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Songjohn007 »

I love the concept of this review and will rather look into the message the author want to drive out here, Many children suffers a lot trying to please their parents in the area of education and choices on career which makes this book most relevant to aspect of parenting and children's talent.
Bobbyd11

Post by Bobbyd11 »

These looks to be a good writing but too much metaphor is not good for any writing and aside from that this was quite interesting
Azokamchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azokamchi.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Azokamchi »

Your review is an honest one and I appreciate it. The book has a good plot and conveys the dilemma talented children from poor backgrounds deal with it. This speaks to many parents and would be beneficial to them when revised properly. Thanks Aniza
kayethomas802

Post by kayethomas802 »

I don't usually read fantasy books, but this one interests me. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”