Official Review: Baggs and Raggs

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Re: Official Review: Baggs and Raggs

Post by Ellylion »

Too pity that a promising story got such poor execution. I would love to read a book about magic and fortune-telling, but preferably a good one :) Thank you for making through and your great review!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

Ellylion wrote: 22 Apr 2019, 09:21 Too pity that a promising story got such poor execution. I would love to read a book about magic and fortune-telling, but preferably a good one :) Thank you for making through and your great review!
There are some interesting cozy mysteries regarding magic and such, and I hoped this would be one of them....maybe with editing. Thank you so much for stopping by and for your very kind comments! :)
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

The premise of this story was good, but it doesn't sound like it was written very well. Thanks for a wonderful review!
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

A bag lady and her dog who dance by day and take care of other animals and people by night sounds like a fun, heartwarming storyline. It's a pity that you found such flaws because I think I could have enjoyed this book otherwise. I mean, there are a lot of books I've enjoyed despite the grammatical errors, but I don't think I could handle the lack of proper resolutions to the various subplots.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Prisallen wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 11:03 The premise of this story was good, but it doesn't sound like it was written very well. Thanks for a wonderful review!
It really needs a lot of work- but could easily become an interesting cozy mystery. Thank you so much for your comments! :)
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Nisha Ward wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 11:19 A bag lady and her dog who dance by day and take care of other animals and people by night sounds like a fun, heartwarming storyline. It's a pity that you found such flaws because I think I could have enjoyed this book otherwise. I mean, there are a lot of books I've enjoyed despite the grammatical errors, but I don't think I could handle the lack of proper resolutions to the various subplots.
I really hope that they revise this one with the needed changes, as I believe it would appeal to many readers. Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting! :)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”