Official Review: Guardians of the Solar Shield

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Nutmeg of Consolation
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Re: Official Review: Guardians of the Solar Shield

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I certainly do hope that we, as a people, are able to tackle climate change now so that radical solutions as per the book's premise are not necessary. Nevertheless, from the looks of it, the Earth is on a crash course for more severe weather. This is a terrific idea for a book and I wish the author congratulations on BOTD and good fortune in finding an appreciative audience.
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

This seems to be a science fiction novel very close to reality because of the topics it deals with about global warming, the solutions to combat it and the conflict that these possible measures unleash. It really looks like an interesting story to read. Thank you for providing such an interesting and informative review.
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Abacus »

"Guardians of the Solar Shield" by Sam Bleicher - The motivation for this sci-fi novel is a warning to us all to get serious about climate change. Great idea! Readers can enjoy a well-written sci-fi tale but know that as they read about the earth drying up and becoming desert they are being prompted to add their weight to e real threat to life. Thanks for the review.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

While this book sounds like a fascinating science-fiction novel. The themes of global warming are all too real! Congrats on the book of the day. Great review.
Yasser Gewayfel
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Yasser Gewayfel »

The reality is that global warming is a big problem and serious solutions must be found to it. However, even in disasters, some are keen to help people who may not deserve it. good review .
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

Knowledge of science and technology will increase. Such project will definitely be needed against global warming. I think this book gives a glimpse of the future. Thank you!
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

The character development and global warming aspects interest me; I’m not quite sure if I want to invest in the sci-fi component. Your great review makes me more inclined to consider this read. Congrats on the BOTD.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

The favoritism in the government and possible conspiracies make it sound like this book would be a riveting read! Thanks for the review.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I have never been a fan of science fiction books but kudos to you for such a great review.I found the description of characters and the effects of global warming perfectly described for a clear summary of the book. It’s mind boggling as to what global warming’s effects can have
Joy C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-c.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Joy C »

Futuristic sci-fi books always pique my interest. However, this seems a bit complex and with the added political tussles too. I'd not be reading this one. Thanks for your review.
Begin always with the end in mind. :techie-studyingbrown:
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

An intriguing Sci-Fi based around a Solar Shield Project, that delays the effects of global warming. The plot sounds like something to expect in the near future with the current state of affairs. Thank you for your great review.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
Danelle Cale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danelle-cale.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Danelle Cale »

Informative review. I like the idea of a plot based around global warming as this is a real issue. I also like well written and well rounded characters.
Leah Blackman Pitt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah-blackman-pitt.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Leah Blackman Pitt »

This book seems very interesting to read, especially as you mentioned that much thought undoubtedly went into character development. It's nice to see that this talented writer dealt with the specific issue of global warming which is a very serious problem. I sincerely hope that one day we can find an effective solution to it. Excellent review, thanks.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1887
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Guardians of the Solar Shield' by Sam Bleicher gives a clear concept of the contents of the book based on the theme of raising public awareness about solar geoengineering in the minds of readers! The point that the author has successfully created three-dimensional, trustworthy characters consistent with their personalities and aspirations is worth mentioning in the review! Also, the point that the author's knowledge of lobbying activities and economics is worthy of praise as mentioned in the review is remarkable for readers! The review has a positive ending! Nice to learn that the book is a witty, thought-provoking, and spectacular work with no apparent flaw in it!
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

Guardians of the Solar Shield by Sam Bleicher is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy was set in 2032, for me, I think that is far. This book seems like an intriguing one with a commendable character development. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”